Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4Wheelin Trip May 25th(Denver Colorado)

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by firefighter184, May 4, 2003.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Well, as stated in my last thread, my May 4th trip fell through thanks to a case of food poisoning, courtesy of Texas Roadhouse (I'll go back though, cant get euff of them ribs /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So anyway, looking for takers on a trip from Denver May 25th. Any trail suggestions are welcome, as are all wheelers. My Jimmy is stock /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif for now, but that just hurries along the quest for upgrades heh heh heh. Anybody up for a wacky weekend? Reply here or PM me, whichever you want... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

I'm up for it

3. firefighter184

I promise to eat at home the nite before /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Was Slaughterhouse any good, and will my stock Jimmy make it with luck and nuts?

4. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

slaughter house is one of those trails that anything can happen I think you can make it there are by passses if needed.

5. firefighter184

COME ON PEOPLE! ONLY THREE TAKERS? SUMMER IS HERE! LETS GET NUTTY! FUN IS WHERE YOU FIND IT!

6. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll try and get my tranny replaced by then. If not I can get a couple of jeeps and a bronco that are interested.

7. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I would join if you where doing a little harder trail, slaughterhouse just dosen't do it for me.

8. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

How hard of a trail are wanting to do. spring creek is fairly close and alot more challenging than slaughter house or jenny creek. I don't mind running the easy or hard trails.

9. denver75k5

Spring creek is cool except for the snow level Im not sure how much it has melted. Also if Firefighter is running stock he may get a few dents & scrapes /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Carnage canyon is pretty cool and it's as hard or easy as you want to make it , we are going to go and test run my new "Truggie" there this Saturday to se how it does.
    Also I heard Holy cross is fairly melted, thats a pretty decent trail.
    These are just suggestions, its up to you guys to decide /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I wouldent mind trying out the Truggie on some half way mild trails just to get the feel for it before I dive into the hardcore rocks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. firefighter184

Dents and scrapes add character! She'll be ugly someday anyway. As long as my drivetrain and mechanical parts will survive, I'm up for whatever. My heart ain't set in Slaughterhouse. I'll go wherever the whole gang wants to go, even if it means parking halfway up the hill and riding to the end with somebody. THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO, but if I just couldn't push the Jimmy any further, I would. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. denver75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    Dents and scrapes add character!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Now thats the attitude /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I usally wheel with a group of 3-6 , and we are still trying to figure out where to go ,, somewhere not to boring , not to extreeme and yet mabey try to camp, hell I don't know.
    I wish Hackett was still open that would be a great place for everyone to go.
    I do a little research and throw out some Ideas..

12. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I'll go if the wife lets me go. We just had a newborn baby boy and so far hes a real handful.

13. firefighter184

Congratulations on the new addition! I love kids, just other people's kids /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Too busy to have my own right now. I spend a lot of time with my nephew and my friends kids, and when they cry, I go home /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hope you can make it! Keep us posted. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

Have you guys figured out where you want to go yet?

15. firefighter184

Unless anybody else has a better suggestion, why not Slaughterhouse and Spring Creek. I'm up for fun, I don't care where, as long as it's not 100 miles from home. Long way to go if I break her /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

You won't break on slaughter house
    spring creek may still be under too much snow

17. denver75k5

Went up to spring creek last night, it's no fun, all the sidehills are icy. We had a scary winching session /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

Details we need details

19. denver75k5

Well we went up around the first corner up there and what looked like just snow was Very frozen over so we creeped along and all of the sudden the truggie just went sideways, at that piont I decided to dig out the winch cable since we where about a foot away from the edge /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif so I got the rope & snatchblock and hooked the other end of the cable to the rear of the rig, thank god that 8274 is strong it pulled me back up on the trail. at that piont we werent feeling very brave so we backed down and went exploring and ended up finding quite the tough little boulder field which i ended up inverting my schakle flip and bending the crap out of the spring, but anyways I think Ill wait till it melts up there till I go back.

20. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

That does sound spooky
    Hows the truggy work?