Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wheelin w/ top off..weird sounds?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, May 12, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

went 4wheelin today and got in some spots that made the truck flex..(it was fun) u know, couple drop offs just twisting it up. well i took the top off a few days ago and today when i was out playin in some spots it would flex and the roof would kind of pop or something..just some weird noise, some creeks and stuff that didnt happen when the top was on... what is that from?
    thanx guys!

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

just that. your body "screaming" as the frame twists up and puts the body in a full nelson.
    the top is weak by itself as is the tub of your blazer. the two together help. as a few folks have found out, make sure the top is FULLY bolted down once you put it back on. ya can find all the weak spots in your top real fast by not doing it.

as for making the noises stop, box the frame, add a few supports to the frame, get a full cage. but it isnt anything abnormal. after time you may find cracks in the body if you continue to do it.
    Grant

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

And if you re-inforce the frame and don't do it right, you may find cracks in the frame. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

The half cab top poping is normal. My brother's 79 does it with the top on or off. It's just the truck "getting happy" or flexing.
    Harrison