Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wheelonline.com SUCKS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

I highly recomend against buying anything from these bozos, I will never ever ever give them any of my money period, even if I have to pay a higher price for the same thing!!!

Here's the deal:

I've been watching winch prices for like 3 weeks, cuase my mom said she was going to get my brother and I winches for graduation...4wheelonline had the lowest price I could find for xd9000i for like two weeks, But they had a sign on their site saying that Warn had increased their prices so they were gonna go up soon basically. Well, the day before I was gonna order them the price went up $50. So I call and asked if I could still get it for the lower price, and they said no obviously. So I told them that winchdepot had them for cheaper, so could they stick to their low price gaurantee and match winchdepot's price...NO. So i was gonna order them from winch depot, but they didn't have a phone # or address on their site so I didn't really want to order from them (spending $1500, I need a phone # atleast).

So I ordered from 4wheelonline on friday for $776 each. Then on Monday I check their price and its back to the old price of $732 each !!!!

So obviously I call them and ask if I can get a refund for like $85 or so (which is a lot of $$ to me) since they lowered the price a day after they told me they couldn't match the lower price. They gave me a bunch of bs and the guy I was talking to wouldn't even give me his full name. When I asked to talk to his supervisor, he HUNG up on me.

So I called again today, and the same thing happened, sorry we can't do anything for you. When I asked to talk to a sup. he gave me the run around and ended up saying he had to answer another call and click...

So I call right back...supposedly talking to a manager this time, I offered a compromise, like why don't you throw in a hi-lift or something else worth about $80, so that way you keep the $ and I'm happy too, NOPE, nothing...

What ever happened to customer satisfaction, is that really too much to ask, no accountability, how could you be a customer service rep and not even give someone your name or let them atleast talk to a manager...thats total BS.

Sorry for ranting and raving, but I'm a very dissatisfied customer...wastin my cell phone minutes too:)

DONT BUY $H!T from this place. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

4wheelonline, 4wheelparts just more places not to deal with.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've delt with 4wheelonline.com quite a few times and never had service problems like that. They always seamed friendly and like they wanted too provide the best service they could. Sorry too hear about the crappy service and runaround.

4. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

Customer service is getting worse and worse! Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Winchcentral.com or Winchdepot.com ( besides the phone # issue)? I need to get a XD9000i also in the next few weeks. My Warn 8274 is just to "fat" for my new bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Yeah it really sucks these days, no one cares anymore. All I can say is talk to Tim @ Tims Offroad Parts before you buy something in the future. Tim is a nice guy who CARES about what he is doing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Ewwww, shamless plug...oh well /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

Does he have a web site?

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Bluetorch Fabworks service rocks, I go to them often for things I could get somewhere else for a few dollars cheaper. Some reason so many companies don't seem to give a [censored] about anyone anymore.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I can't recall the name of the place, all I can remember it was winch******.com and they were out of Oregon. Never bought anything from the guy, but last year I dealt with him on a journalistic level. Tried to talk to him during tech about his buggy and the guy was a flat out ass. Talked to the tech guys and he was an ass to them and just about got introduced to Mr. Knuckles and his five friends by another racer due a stunt he pulled during the race.

9. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

definetely going to have to do much more thorough research before buying anything online again...whats even worse is I can't even cancel my order cause ther is a %12 cancellation fee...

I think I'll try Tim once he gets tuff country springs

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

When will companies realize that good customer service is just as important as good product? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I just sent them a little e-mail on your behalf. Hopefully something positive will come out of this. Here's a copy:

Hey there. I'm a Moderator over at www.coloradok5.com, one of the biggest full-size GM sites on the Net. One of our members has been having some problems with your "customer service" line. Apparently he was hung up on more than once when trying to resolve a pricing issue on a winch, and felt he wasn't treated very well in general.

Anyhow, I just thought you might want to know that when our members read things like this about online parts companies, the chance of them buying from percieved "problem" companies is greatly reduced. I should also mention that things like this travel from board to board at lightning speed. Please keep in mind that a tarnished reputation is VERY hard to rebuild.

In closing, I personally feel that backing up your product with good customer service is a necessity nowadays. Consumers have a lot of options and I for one would never deal with a company that had caused one of my fellow members to be frustrated enough to post about it.

Please do what's right and fix the problem. This way, EVERYONE wins!!!!

Paul(CanmoreK5)

PS. In case you do care about public opinion, here's a link to the post in question: http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1242824&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1]/b]

11. Can Can

Wow, what a fawking gong show!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The email I sent them ends up coming back as "undeliverable". What a fine way to instill confidence in potential customers!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I did what I could, brother.

12. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I do not understand the business acumen, which makes companies think that burning a customer for a few dollars is going to help the bottom line more than making the customer happy.

13. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

We should just start buying from known reputable dealers (namely those that are members here) and don't even bother with these cruddy big retail outfits, they don't care about us at all all theywant is all the money. SCREW EM! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, what a fawking gong show eh !!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    there fixed for ya
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif sorry i couldent help myself now that i know how to spell it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it, I tried telling them that they would lose $80 worth of business just from me not buying anything from them again, not too mention the loss of the rest of my family and friends business...they didn't seem to care.

Thanks again for trying to help with the email, It feels good knowing people out here care...I know I wont buy anything from Art Carr anymore after reading Stephen's post

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You guys.........

This is the reason I'm here. This is also why I price match. I'm not going to be undersold 'cause jackass4x4sales.com has parts for cheaper than mine.

I started Tim's Offroad for a number of reasons. One was that I was pissed off at a number of vendors that screwed me over (I won't name them here) and I wanted to to truely know if customer service that shitty was acceptable. I've since found that it's not. Sometimes you'll get someone that fails to ship an item, damaged in shipping, or the occassional backorder, but customers seem perfectly happy when you're honest with them and you simply tell them what the hell is going on.

I didn't start this business to make a killing. I started this business to support CK5. There has always been a CK5 member discount since the very beginning and there always will be. Once again, there are vendors that claim to offer this and don't. Those vendors are who rubbed me the wrong way and that's why I'm here.

Obviously I have to making a living, but I'm not in business to make a killing. I want to support CK5 and I truely love selling parts for trucks, as Watson says, "Making the world better, one truck at a time." It's totally true--that's how I feel about every part I sell, and hopefully soon, I'll have as many customer's vehicle pictures up on my website when it goes live, to prove that Tim's Offroad is going to reach anywhere in the world to supply the parts that the greatest customers on Earth demand.

So far I've shipped parts to two different continents, reaching as far as Great Britain, Greece, Canada, and every corner of the USA. NO customer is left behind in my quest to get EVERYONE the parts they need at a good price.

Every time I read one of these posts the whole thing makes me sick. I work so hard to try to make happy customers and I haven't had one with issues I couldn't solve yet. You can't please everybody, all of the time, but I sure do try.

I have, on the other hand, lost multiple sales because some guy had a part $5 cheaper than I did. When it was all said and done, the guy got the wrong part, and the right part was $30 more. Of course the vendor wasn't willing to deal with his problems either, and he was very unhappy. He shopped price over service and got neither in the end.

I am here for you guys. I even took a part time job recently because some of the deals I'm cutting are just that damn good. I don't care, it's not about the money for me. It's about supplying you guys with what you want.

I hope word of mouth once all these happy customers get their parts continues to sell more parts. That's my ultimate goal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. jwglover

jwglover Registered Member

Did you really get ripped out of $80 ? They told you a price, you agreed to pay it,they sent you the product,It was what you ordered. I did not hear you say that the part was not what you wanted or was late on shipping or any problem with the part.
    Sorry to be the only one that won't dry year tears of pain, but the bottom line is just like I said, you agreed to pay a price and they did what they said they would for that price.
    If you really want customer service, deal with your local 4x4 shop, the one you call up to ask questions and get advise, or go get that little part on friday night that no one else has and he gives it to just so you can go wheling on saturday.
    You may pay a little more at your local shop(usaully pennies mopre when you think about it), but he will take care of you.
    I know I will get slammed for this. Again I am sorry you had a bad experience.

18. Can Can

Am I the only one here hoping that your customer service is better than the attitude you display on a regular basis here?

19. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It is true that you pay for service, and when you go with someone with rock bottom, how the hell are they selling this so cheap prices, most the time the customer service will suck. I have also noticed that online companies are the worst of them, a lot of them are fly-by-nite kinda operations and there is usually nothing you can do if a deal goes bad.

Sales is a hard line of work and occasionally you will get some idiot that you cannot make happy-and usual it is obvious from the person's behaviour why they are not satisified /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif But I have not seen any posts on here where people were making unreasonable requests from a company.

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Am I the only one here hoping that your customer service is better than the attitude you display on a regular basis here?

[/ QUOTE ]

See my feedback if you're wondering. Hundreds of happy customers and climbing every day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif