Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WheelParts(RANT&NOT RAVE!)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tweetysuarus, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

4WheelParts SUCK A88! I Just finally got a chance to check out my rig this last weekend to see if everything that got installed on my rig works after spending about $3000.00 on tires,lift,xfrcase,gears&lockers and various other parts..............well today I find a part lying behind the Front locker unit under the pinion, it chewed up the ring gear a bit..........apparently its a peice from the locker and now they want to screw me out of the price of the locker til detriot makes their mind up and the want to charge me aty least $450.00 to R&R the D@mn thing! I've got less than 50 miles on it even though the rig sat in my garage for 1-1/2 yrs gettin body work done! So I decided to have another shop do the job! I think that the whole job should be warranteed.........I understand that if I had excessive miles on the thing or had driven my rig alot that I should pay for something like partial labor? But 50 FIFTY! 50 miles........That really SUCK A88! I will never do business with 4WheelParts again! I shall make my purchases elsewhere and learn more about the installation of Ring & Pinions so that I can do it myself!
    Thanx for letting me vent my frustrations!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Small claims court. Need to document that the truck was not driven durring that time.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah they do suck, EVERYTHING i've bought there has been wrong! oh wait i take it back i bought my 60" hi lift jack off the floor so it was right. they lost my tires (for 6 weeks) had to go back 5 times to get 2 shocks, the bushings in my springs were wrong, they lost my front u-bolts, they just flat out suck, i have other stories but i won't go on.

4. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I agree with ya'll. For differential parts, I prefer Randy's Ring & Pinion. For other stuff, I go to ORD and other places. The folks at 4 Wheel Parts are no different from the parts store morons. It's hard to find a person who knows their arse from a hole in the ground.

Will

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Don't judge an entire company on a few bad experiences. I have had great luck w/ Jason Tout at the Fort Worth, TX store. Many other people on this board can back me up.

6. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

They are idiots all right. I will spare you my story, but I yelled and cried and screamed and they final gave me a $200 store credit (not bad considering that th eonly real problem was that they didn't ship when they said they would).
    I used the credit to get a Tuffy for like $40! Be nice to them and don't lose your temper, but keeping asking to talk to each pesrons boss. EVERYONE has a boss. get high enough and you might get some kind of love. Good luck.

7. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Everythings been ok for me. Just have to double check your order before you leave.

8. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have also had a bad experiance with them. Since i am in germany, its hard to get parts. so i tried 4wp thinking bigger co better service wrong.three weeks after i orderd a lift thay said that ineed to pay more for shipping, fine. two weeks later i called them thay dont have 4in front springesthay would let me know when thay get them. I finaly canseled three weeks later and the stil didnt have them.

89 sub 350 tbi 465 4in roughcountry(somewhare over the atlantic)

9. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They talked me into using Equal in my tires for the vibration I was getting at speeds around 55 mph, now my truck vibrates ALL the time....To top off everything, after pulling my truck out of the garage, they took the key out the ignition in the wrong position and F$#%Ked-UP my ignition, now the key falls out in any position.. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif THEY ARE WORTHLESS BRAIN MATTER!!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I only buy small, low dollar items from them (steering stab., tow hooks, straps), ya know, stuff that's hard to fudge up. I haven't had any probs, but I'll take any real work to a real mechanic.

John

11. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

haven't had them to any installs, but i use Nick Bomar at the Memphis location and he is very helpful and I always get the right parts in 2-3 days.

12. Frankenstien

Frankenstien 1/2 ton status

I'm with fourwheelerjeff the plano store as always been pretty helpful but any real tuffies I'll ask you guys!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

13. Frankenstien

Frankenstien 1/2 ton status

I'm with blk87k5 the plano store as always been pretty helpful but any real tuffies I'll ask you guys!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

from lynwood washington to brooklyn new york never a problem with any part i have ordered by phone ?? maybe it's the part's man and the guy doing the install that is the problem. if some kid with zits is going to install gears in my truck, I LEAVE IN A HURRY and next week he can take my order at wendys /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

15. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Thats spelled Lynnwood, Wa. !
    Bill

16. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

17. mdstmpr

mdstmpr Registered Member

I totally agree that 4 wheel parts whoresales sucks. They have crap for customer service, no one seems to know what deals they really have going or how to help their customers in the store over those that call in and to top it all off called my 72 Jimmy a f#cking bronco.(can you say GM [censored]’s) I have called them on all they stupid comments or advice and they are just I’m sorry you feel that way. I guess these guys can’t work at Jiffy lube their entire lives. I plan on going outof my way to avoid doing any business with this crappy company. I’m sending them back their useless preferred customer card and letting them know what they can do with it.

18. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

WTH did this come from? This has already been brought up on the boards. I thought that we came to the conclusion that it all depends on what store you do business with. Correct me if I am wrong, but this forum is intended for "The place to hang out and talk about general 4-wheeling and modifications (4x4 Chit-Chat)". You must have read this post to know it was here and then reply, therefore don't do any more business with them. Could have stopped your problem.

19. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I love 4 wheel parts /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

All the guys behind the counter at the one I got to are fairly knowledgable.But it is still good to have a good idea of what you want before ya go in.And if ya see somethin ya want from one of their magazine ads,take the mag with ya to show them.Sometimes you get the mag before the corp office sends them a copy of the add.

20. mdstmpr

mdstmpr Registered Member

Your right about this not being the right place to talk about this. And I’m venting about the lack of service I receive at the Riverside store I shopped at. And the lack of knowledge of their own program in which it appears whatever way they can make the most money is the way they are doing business. I’m done shopping with them and posting about it.