Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WheelParts (Rant & Not Rave!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Tweetysuarus, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

4WheelParts SUCK A88! I Just finally got a chance to check out my rig this last weekend to see if everything that got installed on my rig works after spending about $3000.00 on tires,lift,xfrcase,gears&lockers and various other parts..............well today I find a part lying behind the Front locker unit under the pinion, it chewed up the ring gear a bit..........apparently its a peice from the locker and now they want to screw me out of the price of the locker til detriot makes their mind up and the want to charge me aty least $450.00 to R&R the D@mn thing! I've got less than 50 miles on it even though the rig sat in my garage for 1-1/2 yrs gettin body work done! So I decided to have another shop do the job! I think that the whole job should be warranteed.........I understand that if I had excessive miles on the thing or had driven my rig alot that I should pay for something like partial labor? But 50 FIFTY! 50 miles........That really SUCK A88! I will never do business with 4WheelParts again! I shall make my purchases elsewhere and learn more about the installation of Ring & Pinions so that I can do it myself!
    Thanx for letting me vent my frustrations! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. crawlerfj40

crawlerfj40 1/2 ton status

Sorry to here that let us know before you buy we will do what we can to help and not only that we will be on the trail with yea good luck.Invest in the tools to do ring and pinions they will pay for them self quick.Take an easy

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Thanx man...........I just wished you were closer to me.......so I need to find someone closer. Altough I might invest in the the guages for the setup and spend one weekend down there to learn how to use them maybe practice biulding on my 14 bolt FF I plan to buy next.
    Thanx again,
    Bill /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yeah.alot of people don't like 4WP. I only go over (San Jose store) for tires /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif