Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WheelParts Summer Sale, PARKING LOT EVENTS, coming June12th

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by jjlaughner, Jun 7, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

June 12, 2004
    - Hot Summer Sale at 4 Wheel Parts Performance Center
    - 9470 E. Washington Street
    - Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
    317/890-8100.

4X4 Events in the Parking lot from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Prizes, special prices all day long!

We always have fun, good food for folks who enter in an event. Rock crawl in the rock garden, RTI ramp and show and shine.

See ya there /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]
    more of ryans pics

2. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I'll be there around 11-noonish. May bring the Blazer. I also I the Riley Wagon that I'll bring. I've got a few HoosierK5 window decals left too if someone wants to get one. Look forward to seeing everyone again!

3. 8t7jimmy

8t7jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got a few HoosierK5 window decals left too if someone wants to get one. Look forward to seeing everyone again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, I would like to get a decal or two from you. I will try to get down their Saturday, I probably wont drive the K5 that far thought.

Ryan

4. jjlaughner

I'll probley be down there in the yukon. I'm getting new tires put on this week but I'm not regeared yet. I'm worried about the trip home from lafayette in DRIVE instead of OD with 35's and 3.08's. I'm not sure if I want to just toss 4.56's in the 10bolts and leave it the auburn in the rear and open front or mess with an axle swap to get to a 14bolt /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I may toss the 32's back on and drive down. Since I got the front towers and longer shocks on I'd like to hit the ramp and see how my BDS springs flex now. I'll have to run the passengers side tire up the ramp because I haven't rerouted my y-pipe yet. SO the driveshaft hits the pipe when that side droops. I dont think I'll be flexing much with the 35's on unless I do a trimming on the inner wheel wells and maybe have to nip a corner off the fender. I need to get the steering box pulled off and get my weld on brace and buy a bolt on brace; just in case. My steering is a little funky and kind of loose. Once I get the braces in I'll start going through and preplacing TRE's then I'm going to put in DUAL coil over steering stabilizers /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

The event went off very well. Raised about 300 bucks for Camp Riley of Riley Hospital. A jeep won the show & shine, rock crawl and RTI, cause that was all that showed. The rain scared most away. I got called away for work and couldn't go but some time we all gotta show up with our K5's again show them it isn't a jeep thing.

Jeremiah, What are you thinking about the Fall Jamboree, I haven't taken a truck as a participate for years but may this Sept. A big K5 display would be cool.

6. jjlaughner

Yeah I didn't make it to the show. I woke up about noon, buy the time I changed the tires so I could drive to Indy, took a shower and drove down there it would have 2pm. I ended up just working on the trucks part of the day and working on the kitchen that night. Dad bought all new appliances for house. The washer and drier was brought Wed and this Saturday they are bring the new dish washer, whirlpool sidekicks (the standup refrigerator freezer pair, like the commerical side by side units, seperate freezer & refigerator) so to get those to fit he have to takeout a couple of cabinets and put in a couple new wood planks on the floor in the kitchen under where the cabinets where and hang a couple new shorter cabinets for above the ref/freezer, then the new stove and vented microwave that goes above the stove, we have to take out the hood vent cabinet and hang a std cabinet above the stove to hook the new microwave to. Then the old standup freezer thats in the pantry we are taking out and putting in sliding bins. So its a big huge fun project. Plus dad wants me to clean up the boat and get it ready to sell. The feiro is going up for sale along with the old appliances from the house. I guess he's finally sick of having alot of little projects/vehicles sitting around.

BACK TO TRUCK STUFF
    I emailed max about working the jamboree but never got a reply. I was going to bug him at the next IFWDA meeting. I would like to see at least 6 K5's there. If I have the $$$$ and the project truck is running and on38's I'll take it, if I can get my door fixed or patched on the silver truck, I'll take it, if both are acceptable..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I'd like to take both /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Make a license plate for the silver truck that says SHOW and one for the project truck that says N' GO. I'd also wonder if they would let us use mini ramps in a group display and get a couple trucks up in an RTI type pose. I'm hoping once the project trruck is rolling on the new frame it should be pretty flexi with the 56's in the rear and 52's in the front /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course I'll have to have crossover steering and that stuff on by then. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It would be funny (most wont get it) to do an evolution of K5's. Have a stock one, then a lifted one, then one without the top, then your purple blazer without the front fenders, have one thats narrowed front and back then a buggy on a K5 frame /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif