Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WheelParts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by roadnotca, Feb 20, 2006.

1. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Check it out, now they charge for shipping from their wharehouse to the store.:shame:

2. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Where do you see that?

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

On my receipt, $5 for 10 miles. I could have driven there, but at 10-12 MPG, its a wash. Even the places that advert free shipping, soak you with packaging and handling.

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

This isn't exactly something new. I ordered a brake line in person from the local store (still about 30 miles away) several years ago but they did not have it in stock. Went back the next week to pick it up and they tried to tack $10 on to the cost for shipping. I asked WTF and told them I could of had it delivered to my doorstep for the same price instead of the 60 mile round trip, so they eventually removed the shipping cost. Oh, and they wonder why that store was only open for about a year before it went of business.

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I guess 4WP is giving notice of their emminent demise.:haha:

7. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

The store here in the valley is just as bad. when I first started pricing springs they kept pushing a whole kit on me. I explained over and over I just want springs. so finally they gave me a quote of something like 1200 after all the shipping fees. I aksed what shipping fees I'm coming to your store to buy them not order them. they said they had to have them shipped from the warehouse which is only maybe 30mins away. I tried to makethe guy understand that if I wanted to order them I could but I wanted to come to the store pay for them and take them home...he didn't get it. So llong story short I ordered them from a vendor here(4wheelcustoms) and got a great price and incredible service.

Then I tried to buy just u-bolts from them and they said they don't carry parts. I asked but what about all the kits you have or the left overs from customers. He said they can only sell ubolts as part of the whole lift kit. and the main mechanic there that usually les me rummage through their trash wasn't there. so the guy at the counter said they don't sell customer leftovers.

THANK YOU CK5 VENDORS

8. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

When you get down to it, 4WP is aimed at the bought, not built crowd.

9. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

There aimed to the, "Let me bend over and take in the arse crowd!" too.....lol

10. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

The only thing I need 4WP for is mounting and balancing. Too bad places like Good Year can't balance a 14.5" wide tire:(.
    Just for kicks when my tires were being mounted I asked the guy there what he thought of shackle flips and his reply was "just get a good high end 6" spring it will flex just as good as a flip and 2" spring" WTF!!!!!!!
    Oh 4WP is good for looking at parts in person before I go home and order them :D.

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I totally agree with that. Every time I go by one of the 4WP stores we have here in town, the garage is filled with brand new, off the showroom floor Ford Super Duty's and Dodge Cumminings Deisels; owned by people who only know how to put fuel into it, turn the key, and step on the throttle.

12. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

You sure they can ALL put fuel in them:D ? I used to live in Oregon and no body was smart enough to put fuel in their rigs (myself included).

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hehe, that is another reason i hate oregon.... i was born there, but call AZ home. "lets make more jobs because we dont know how to improve our economy, noboody pumps thier own gass from now on....."

anywho, 4 wheel parts is good if you know who to talk to and how to talk to them..... thats few and far between, so its best to go elsewhere.
    Grant

14. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I bought a pair of 42" swampers from them about a year ago and also bought their no questions asked warrenty . I have yet to use this warrenty but from what I have read and heard I might as well pound sand if I have any problems . My local Les Shwalb will match 4wheel parts price on intercos tires so I just bought my last pair from them . If I have a problem Swalb will take care of me . As far as buying parts from them ? I would rather spend my money + extra with a vendor or any of our quality local 4x4 shops to avoid the b.s. of 4wheelparts . I do have an old 42" swamper that has a lug ripped out of it :thinking: maybe I will try and warrenty it :wink1: .

15. chopped&bobbed77burb

I don't mind sitting in my rig when it's cold and wet out and letting someone put fuel in my car and IF they can reach my windshield it would be nice of them to clean all the dirt and mud off of it:haha: . beside the politics and some of the hippy's Oregon/washington is a nice place to live , Just ask all the Cali's that have moved up here in the last 15 years:D . Just say no to 4wheelparts .

16. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Here's some more. I bought the Warn 60863 hub clutch rings ~$25, $5 "shipping". Thats about what I'd pay mail order, to my door. One truck, one customer, one stop; (its actually amazing that it can be done for that). 4WP loads-up ?a couple of tons of stuff into one truck, each day, from the wharehouse to the dealer, each little part with its own "shipping charge" Thats 1000s % markup. Anybody remember SuperShops? I see a pattern.
    I'll bet closed by Christmas 2006.

17. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

OK, so whats the premise behind "no self-serve" in OR?

18. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

The no self serve thing in Oregon is so they have more jobs and therefore lower the unemployment rate :rolleyes: .

Ira

19. chopped&bobbed77burb

Hey , we gotta have job's for all those komifornians that move up here :haha: .

20. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4 wheel parts is a poser store.