Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WOR cover blazer!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Jun 27, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The newest August 4WOR issue has an awesome '79 blazer with 4" lift and 39.5" Swampers!!! It also has a soft top!!! One sweet ride! [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

2. thatK30guy

I must be one of the guys who gets this magazine before others do. [​IMG]

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yep, Is the Blazer show or go? Anything else cool inside?

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

I know every time you receive yours I get mine the following day.

Ric

"Wheel hard or go home."
    See my K5 at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.ws/images/users/BOWTIE/bowtie1.jpg>http://www.off-road.ws/images/users/BOWTIE/bowtie1.jpg</A>

5. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Somebodyt wanna scan in a pic or two of that truck and post them? I don't have a subscription too that mag and I'd like too see the truck. Maybe I'll buy it later but I'm sure other people whould like too see it too.

[​IMG]Inline 6's are cool[​IMG]

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hmmm...got any pics?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

7. thatK30guy

Sorry guys, no scanner = no pics! [​IMG]

FYI, the Blazer is owned by a dude named Mike Williams in California. It has the following:

4" Tuff Country lift
    ORD shackle flip
    D60 with 4.10's and ARB
    14FF with 4.10's and Detroit Locker
    TH400 and NP205
    '91 TBI 350
    a soft top, but doesnt say what brand
    fenders have been cut to clear the 39.5" tires

All in all, its truly a 'rock toy!' [​IMG]

When you guys get the issue, turn quickly to page 60.

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I pay $7 a year for my subscription to both Petersons and 4 Wheel Off-Road (so that's $14 for both)... you should get a subscription. It's cheaper then buying 12 individual mags and you never miss one that way..... [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

9. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

It is a rock machine, definatly! I got my issue yesterday, lots of good coverage, it has always been my favorite rag! If I had a skanner, I would take care of it for yall, but I don't!

<font color=red>1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 31x10.50r15 BFGs</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.77k5.alloffroad.com>http://www.77k5.alloffroad.com</A>

10. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If you guys got yours today mine should be here tomorow. And yes I have a scanner [​IMG] </font color=blue>

11. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Man, how does that work? You are in a small town and I'm in the mecca for everything, Wichita, and you get your magazine before me??? I think you slipped an extra $5 in your subcription envelope or something. lol

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I only get FOURWHEELER now. Maybe I need to supscribe to Peterson's and Off-Road now! Usually I'm happy just making a magazine-type creation in my driveway.

I also get the Four Wheel Parts Wholesaler's magazine. It's really cool! If you don't get it, supcribe to it. I got it because I bought my BFGs from them.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

13. truley a trail rig. love the low lift big tires look. has all the right parts too. beefy [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Striving for K5 world dominance</font color=blue>

14. thatK30guy

Would you be surprised if I told you I get Four Wheeler, 4WOR, Off-Road magazines? I used to get 4x4 Power until they quit publishing them. Also, another magazine, Full Size something something something. It was published by Four Wheeler also. I sure miss 4x4 Power though!!! [​IMG]

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

4x4 Power was great. I only subscribe to 4Wheel and Off Road right now, signed back up for Off Road, but I started disliking Four Wheeler. But what's up, I'm only a couple hours away from LA and I still haven't got the new issue. What's up with that?

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

16. thatK30guy

Yeah, I wonder why 4x4 Power was discontinued, too! [​IMG]

I have 4WOR and Four Wheeler waaayyy back to May of 1985!!! Every issue since then!! I am missing one issue of 4WOR, I think the Jan. of '92 or '93. My dog got ahold of that issue and thought he needed to read it more than I did!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Whats up with that?" I have no clue what to tell you. I guess some get their issues before others. I don't know how that works when it comes to subscriptions.

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If I remember right, I got the last issue of 4x4 Power. If the gray matter has it's facts straight, Peterson Publishing decided to close down 4x4 Power because it was a low end 4W&OR and they could upgrade it with the 4x4 Power slant (us 'po folks mag). Most of the 4X4Power staff went to 4W&OR after this. I discontinued 4Wheeler cause the only thing they have that interests me is Top Truck, while 4W&OR pretty well covers the bases and stays grounded for us normal people. I like Off Road due to the dez and prerunner coverage, and they came back to earth a few years ago.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

18. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Jeez Steaph only 14 dollors for both of them[​IMG] Thats a darn good deal! I do subscribe too Four Wheeler, But never got one for 4Wheel and Off-Road, Because the last couple years I did not like them as much as FourWheeler so I just didn't get them. I think I will get a subscription too them soon though because I have looked at some latly and I think there're better than FourWheeler is right now. Ok I'm done yakking g'night folks.

[​IMG]Inline 6's are cool[​IMG]

19. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I thought it was a good issue. Lots of usable info. Although one thing I couldn't find was where it said he had an ORD shackle flip. I know I read the shackle flip part, but it might have been homebrew or another maker right? Maybe I'm just to giddy to read straight since I've finally got a decent mag to look at :)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

20. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I believe it didn't say the brand but if you look closely it looks to be a ORD product. if not they copied the best. I recieve a couple car and truck mags a month too. like:
    Off road, 4W&OF, 4 wheeler, I too use to get 4x4 power, I also get street rodder, super chevy, chevy high performance, rod and custom, hot rod, car craft, popular hot rodding and hemmings rod and performence. why buy mags on a month to month basis when you get the whole year for less then 3 issues. ( I just wanted to see what my sig looked like lol)

<font color=red>It's not what you drive, but what drives you</font color=red>( Or is it what you work on,lol)
    <font color=orange> 1955 willy's on a 1977 blazer chassis </font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by 55Willy on 06/28/01 02:57 AM (server time).</FONT></P>