Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WP B.S. on procomp res shocks!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lukc22, Sep 28, 2005.

1. lukc22

lukc22 Registered Member

I saw an add in Off-road adventures this month for 4 pro comp reservoir shocks for 135.99 for all 4 .... I call 4wp and they absolutely will not honor this....do yall know of any way I can contact the owner of the company or any way I can get 4wp to honor this add that was printed ????

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds about normal for 4WP. Most on here including myself will NEVER do business with them again for that reason and many others.

John

3. lukc22

lukc22 Registered Member

I have only ordered a couple of things from them so I was not against them untill now .... its absolutely rediculous to print a mag with an add and then not honor it ....

4. darenofears

darenofears Registered Member

I think that they should do business better but the dont so just dont buy from them

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

They tried to pull the same crap with some tow straps last year, a bunch of us got them at the advertised price, but 4WP still made it hard. That was a low $$ item though, doesn't surprise me they won't honor the price on a bigger $$ screwup.

Yeah, ordered 2 straps and still get their crappy "magazine" every now and then.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I hope I go to several other forums before the day is out and read this exact same post............... :haha: :haha: :haha:

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Just about any ad that you read these days will have some VERY fine print somewhere in it that the company is NOT required to honor prices that are typographical errors. As much an everyone would love to buy a new Duramax crew cab for $4,300, you won't find a dealer willing to sell you one for that price just because a zero get dropped when the ad went to print. :rolleyes:

8. lukc22

lukc22 Registered Member

I can understand if they just dropped a zero or the decimal place was in the wrong spot but this was an entire sentence advertising 4 reservior shocks for 135.99 .... it was a sentence just like any other shock or lift kit or light or anything else .... so I guess they think that every price in their mag for every item is "typo" if they feel like it when you call in ....

I do know about the tow straps because I got 2 of the pro comp 30ft 3inch straps ....

9. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148561

ya i got the same thing. iv emailed them several time and nothing. maybe we should email them with these posts and let them see how many its affecting. needless to say i wont be ordering from them.

oh and harry i have read all their fine print and the only thing is said about typos was on their website and thats all.

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

No matter what got printed in a mag, they aren't gonna sell ya 4 shocks that cost $135.99 each for the price of 1. :rolleyes: Their El Crapo shocks cost more than that. :doah:

I'm totally happy with the Gabriel Ultra shocks that I just got for $21.99 each at Autozone. :cool1: 9-stage valving, bypass, gas charged, etc. Just like more expensive shocks that 4WD stores sell... :wink1:

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Their magazine adds say prices subject to change without notice. This is their escape route for getting out of bogus prices.

12. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I don't think there is a forum left on the whole internet that dosen't have a 4wp's post about shady dealings or just out right ripping people off.. I just don't understand why people keep dealing with them knowing that they stand a good chance of getting ripped off :confused:

If you are going to deal with a known crook then there is no need in whining after it happens :whistle: