Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WPW ASSHATS!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Nov 5, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have spent thousands of dollars with 4WPW in the last couple years. I NEVER pay freight. This year alone I've bought a set of wheels and my winch.

I bought my wheels in July. I payed $40 each for them, NO shipping. They're 15x10, 8 lug, 4 1/4" BS. Today, they wouldn't sell them to me any cheaper than $50 each, and that's after I argued with him. Before that, he wanted $57 a piece for them plus shipping.

CK5 discount? I dunno who you guys talked to but they never heard of us. Basically told me to shove it on that one.

Lowest retail price on tires? He'd give me three dollars off the advertised price on a set of tires. That's it.

I have boycotted Summit Racing for years after they screwed up my order and weren't good about making things right. I have no problem boycotting 4WPW, either. I'm just mad I didn't buy 4 or 5 sets of 15x10 8 lugs wheels at $160 a set. That really was a good price!!

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Dude, it all depends on the guy who answers the phone. If you call 5 different times you will get 5 different people and get 5 different prices. Just do what I do. keep calling and writing down there names until you get one that will deal with you. If you get the same guy twice hang up.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i never pay frieght there either! of course, Im in the store, so why would i? lol

not sure why u r so mad at them... paying shipping is an entirely normal thing. give amazon a call and tell them i want to order x y and z... but say you dont want to pay shipping, and see how far that gets you. 4wpw will match any competitors price, when i go to the store they dont even check the adds or catalogs, I just say "hey, its $xx.xx from summit" and the guys says "no problem, $xx.xx it is" and Im out the door.

ck5 discount? is it listed on the list of vendors that offer discounts? not afaik...

at any rate, what it sounds like to me is that in the past you got a REALLY great deal in that you havent had to pay shipping... and now that you cant get the same deal ur cryin in ur milk. Its like if u had a $5 off coupon for dominoes and then the next time u order a pizza you demand to have $5 off even though u dont have one.

j

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have my salesman's extension so I'm going to call him and see what he's got to say.

Either way, I am not paying shipping, I never have. It's not my fault they don't have a retail store anywhere near here, it's theirs, and they're going to let it bite into their profit, not me. If I wanted to pay full price, I'd buy the stuff locally where I can get it taken care of should their ever be a problem.

jekbrown,

You never pay freight, but you pay sales tax. That means that you pay more than I usually do anyway unless you haggle the price like I do.

Either way, I'm going to call back and talk to the guy that sold me my winch last month. The guy I talked to was definitely an asshat. I wasn't too happy that I didn't get any discount for being a CK5 member last time only to call this time and not get one again.

I have never got any $$$ discounts for being a member so I figured it was about time to use it, then only to call and be told that I'm not going to get it.

Either way steve's site is still worth the $25, but I'd still like to take advantage of a discount! Some guy on here got the new 38" Boggers for $198 each last week!

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah that 4wpw isn't a listed discount I have never ordered from them and hadn't heard of that discount till like a week ago.

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Hmmmm...no 4WPW discount listed here. Maybe I'll go down to 7-Eleven and see if I can get a CK5 discount on a Slurpee? If they don't give it to me I'll come back here and rant about it.

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I NEVER pay freight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Order on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and you won't have to. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The discount started out only to be used with online purchases as far as ordering. Then we were supposed to be able to call it in. It finally became such a hassle Steve just got rid of it quite awhile ago. I'd say really maybe months after the member discounts came about, so quite sometime has passed since they got dumped. In that short time they proved more trouble then they were worth to work with. I think for the most part nobody there knows wtf they were doing. These are usually the sales people, the ones you have to deal with, which sucks. I know I don't shop there unless I am desperate because they never can seem to have a consistant answer or know what they are even selling.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I didn't really think I was asking for too much. All I really wanted to do was order some wheels for the price I already paid.

10. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

bummer /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Why is this in The Garage, anyway? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

So everyone can see it!

13. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Just ask for the CK5 discount. I did and now everything I buy automatically gets the "club" discount. They have club discounts so just ask for it like you expect to get it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I did. They said they never heard of us and wouldn't give me a discount through the mail order.

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    You never pay freight, but you pay sales tax. That means that you pay more than I usually do anyway unless you haggle the price like I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

the nearest 4wpw to me is in portland, OR... OR has no sales tax...

[ QUOTE ]
    I wasn't too happy that I didn't get any discount for being a CK5 member last time only to call this time and not get one again.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo being a ck5 member should get you a discount at every store on the planet... unfortunately it doesn't and being mad about it doesn't change that.

j

16. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    buy the stuff locally where I can get it taken care of should their ever be a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have the solution to your problem.

I have a 4WPW here in town,they have always done me right.But now that a friend of mine has a shop he gets all of my buisness.When I get prices from him he looks at 4WPW prices and knocks another 15% and thats what I end up paying.4WPW has the cheapest prices on alot of stuff most of the time.

17. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I know Jerry(JK5) just bought some Boggers from the Parma, OH store and got the CK5 discount! MAybe he will see this post and respond.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I know Jerry(JK5) just bought some Boggers from the Parma, OH store and got the CK5 discount! MAybe he will see this post and respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I really didn't care for that one guy's attitude that I talked to.

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I have boycotted Summit Racing for years after they screwed up my order and weren't good about making things right. I have no problem boycotting 4WPW, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 8 years that I've been doing business with Summit, that's the first time I've heard anyone say that they don't take care of their customers. On more than one occasion they have sent me free parts overnight to make up for a minor booboo on their part and not even asked for the other part back. Knowing how easy Summit is to work with makes me wonder exactly how you approach resolving a problem with someone that you've bought a part from.

20. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Knowing how easy Summit is to work with makes me wonder exactly how you approach resolving a problem with someone that you've bought a part from.

[/ QUOTE ]
    bingo i think we have a winner /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif