Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wpw fiasco (rant)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BamBamblazer, Mar 9, 2004.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

ok so i ordered my 39.5" irok's from 4wpw and got them the end of last week. Well yesterday the son pointed out that one of the tread lugs was gone.(ripped off) So since the tires are just stacked in the garage i called them and explained the situation. They told me no problem they will just ship me a new tire for $259 and then i can pay to have it dismounted and remounted and ship the bad tire back to them and they will refund all the money. I told them heck no, i am not going to put my money up to get this problem resolved, even if i do get my money back. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They say ok just go get the tire dismounted and ship it to them and they will ship me a new one that i can get remounted and then they will refund the mounting fee's. Again i said no i am NOT going to put any of my money up to get this done. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So i suggest they just ship the tire to the local 4wpw and i will go there and get them switched and then the local store can ship it back. They said we're sorry we cant do that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Company policy says phone orders have to be handled out of the store. So finnaly i agree to the second option as this will be the cheapest for me till i get the money back. Maybe i am just a little wierd but i dont understand why they insist on me having to spend money (even if i get it back) to get their screw-up fixed. Nor do i understand why a company owned store cannot do company work. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Ok so i vented a lil, but i am still /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

the getting it back part is also handled by a whole different department with its "own" calendar.

3. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Thats ok i have a friend that has a tire machine and he has his "own" fee's for the bill! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe i am just a little wierd but i dont understand why they insist on me having to spend money (even if i get it back) to get their screw-up fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Simple. Because there ARE people in this world that would call and make the same complaint, then get a "free" tire and then never send the "defective" tire back. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That blows. I just don't understand why so many companies don't just pony up and be responsible for their mistakes. Seems like more and more I hear about 4wpw the more and more I don't want to have anything to do with them. Well, good luck to you in the future.

Allan

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If i were you I'd just dispute the charge on your credit card, then you've got four free tires, one missing a lug, the other three brand new and perfect.

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    and then they will refund the mounting fee's.

[/ QUOTE ] I am suprised they are doing that! I had 2 SSR's seperate on me and both times I had to have the new one mounted and balanced on me because they would not cover "labor." They even pro rated me for a defective tire.

I think you are getting off easy.

8. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe i am just a little wierd but i dont understand why they insist on me having to spend money (even if i get it back) to get their screw-up fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Simple. Because there ARE people in this world that would call and make the same complaint, then get a "free" tire and then never send the "defective" tire back. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it sucks that it happened to you, but i agree with harry, they (4wpw) has to cover their @$$ somehow, otherwise a few (many) unscrupulous people would do everything they could to get free tires

9. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    If i were you I'd just dispute the charge on your credit card, then you've got four free tires, one missing a lug, the other three brand new and perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that sounds like the most honest thing to do /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Can't handle phone orders in the store...Bull!! They drop shipped my dad's MM D60 hubs from CA to the AZ store after we asked it be shipped to the house. They then tried to charge for the shipping from CA to AZ (that would have been fine if it came to my door). I wonder just how much longer they will last with this hokey crap.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Can't handle phone orders in the store...Bull!! They drop shipped my dad's MM D60 hubs from CA to the AZ store after we asked it be shipped to the house. They then tried to charge for the shipping from CA to AZ (that would have been fine if it came to my door). I wonder just how much longer they will last with this hokey crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our government pulls similar stunts and it's over 225 years old. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like your beef should be w/ the shipping company, not 4WPW. Damage due to shipping is not the sellers responsibility.

13. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I hope you are ready to wait for your tires if they are 16.5" rim size. I ordered mine on March 2nd and it will be another 3-4 weeks before Interco will have my tires built and shipped to the store.

14. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

4WP has one of the best return policies IMO. As long as you understand the policy before you buy and you understand they will not give anything away for free. It sounds to me as if they are going above and beyond in this situation. I wish you the best of luck and hope you understand that you have to be aware of a companies policies before you buy.....

15. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif isn't that kind of something like stealing? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    maybe I misunderstood /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif