Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4wpw marketing tatics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Md mudder, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

It pisses me off and makes me not want to buy from them I live in Alaska so I have to have stuff shipped to a freight terminal so it can be barged up. I want new 44's so I go to their site and it says free shipping when ordered over internet only (less overhead) ok no problem I go to their swamper page and the tires are 20+ dollars higher than in mags.don't sound like the shipping is free to me.

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

$WPW is big business. They don't give a hack whether you or anyone else in Alaska buys from them. They are too busy opening new stores in California /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I am not a fan of them and all I have ever done is go into the store

3. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

I don't expect free shipping to Alaska.... but don't offer free shipping "internet sales only" then jack the internet prices up from mail order prices that borders on false advertising.

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

They match anyones price right? So have them match there own. Wow that sounded weird..

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They might be $20 bucks higher then most places but if you go and buy them at another store online for the cheaper price, the shipping they want will be way more then $20 per tire.... if you join this site you can get 10% off all internet orders BTW....

6. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

Hey Ryan, I work for 4WPP and I understand where you are coming from, all companies do that sort of advertising to get your attention. There are a lot of things I don't like about my job, but I will try to get you a geat price! Myself, and another salesman have been shipping to a couple K5'ers all over the country, so if you want to give me a call I'll try to get you a killer deal...1-425-712-1366, or P.M me your # and I'll call you with the price! Jon

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

cool and you are close to the barge he needs to load it on in Seattle

8. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

I hear ya. Just ordered 35's on Thursday and got their Adventure mag today with better prices and still free shipping. Now gonna try to switch my order (ha, ha i'll need some good luck). Also they say they match prices?? Well not Summits on the Rancho 9000's. They just said can't do it. What happened to the "WE BEAT ANY PRICE!" in their ads??????

9. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

Thanks Jon I'll check with a barge company I know of that ships to Kodiak and give you a call this week

10. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I went in to FWPW in OKC with a mag and a plan. I just needed one tire cuz I blew one. They wanted to charge me $315 for a tire so I showed them that it was $275 in the mag and they matched it right away. I agree their prices are high but if you know exactly what you want and have a magazine with cheaper prices their not so bad /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

11. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

It's a good idea to have a magazine in your hand, with pricing ready to go. The mail order& internet sales are a completely different buisness than the actual stores. We have to actually compete with our own company on sales. I just want the customer to get exactly what he wants, and no BS. I send more GM owners to ORD, than I actually make a sale to, as far as suspensions go. Oh well, just another day working for the MAN. Jon