Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4WPW

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pr1aw, Nov 28, 2002.

1. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

I got the Off Road Adventures and was looking at the sales for 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers. (Time to buy new tires) Buy 3 get 1 free is back. I was looking at the Weld and Xterrain package thinking I would save some bucks. Only about $120. They Jacked the prices to match what they were selling them for last month. I just wonder what they will be selling for next month. Will the prices go back down or are they up for good. Whats cool about a big city is that Joes Tires down the road will sell look alikes(blems) and run of the mill mud tires for $600. (33X12.5)

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

You should pm 90blzr and ask him what he can get you on some super swampers. He is able too get blems at a really good price and he is trying to get together a group buy pretty soon. If you didn't already know about that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

4WPW is the devil. do not use them unless desperation sets in.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

4WPW = sucky
    90blzr = gawd-of-tire-sales

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Im gonna be needing a new set of tires soon. How cheap can he get them for(36x12.50 sx or tsl's) and how does he deal with shipping?
    -Kell-

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

give him a PM. he'll get you a quote with shipping and tax included.

7. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I could not agree more, those guys suck bigtime. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

dido on 4wpw poor customer service. I would never buy there "pro comp" brand

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Y'all need to hit the Fresno store. Never had a problem there. Just got some new shock pins a couple of weeks ago, five finger discount. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hang onto that magazine with the tire prices... if the next one shows no sale and the cost of the tires is back down then they are screwing people and it needs to be handed over to consumer affairs. It's against the law to raise the price on something so when it's put "on sale" it still comes out to a price where it was the month before and the month after the sale....

13. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

4wpwh = get the vasoline it just might hurt
    or better yet take any outher add in web or print and make em match it under there "low price guarantee " but be prepared to wait 30 - 45 minutes so you can talk to some one that knows less then you
    well i take that back i actually have had 2 good experiences with them out of the 20 or so times i said for get it and walked out of there store

14. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Well up until about a year ago the one down here in Chula Vista was great, then they changed the sales reps. I asked the Manager about LTB swampers to see if they were Bias Ply. He just gave me a dumb look not even knowing what the new at the time LTB's were. Now I go out to the one in El Cajon or better yet ORW.

Thanks for the PM about the Swampers I'll be getting back at you in th next week or so.

15. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Oh they have been doing it for years, I noticed the same thing, but what I did was checking online, and the magazines and then went to the store with every document I had, then I got them to give me the lowest price, and then just before I recieved hem, I found the internet price lower so i went in and they refunded me a couple hundreds.
    You just have to be persistent, and ask for the best price you can get.
    And if you bring them an advertized price that is lower, they will match it, but it has to be on paper and dated.
    As for blems, they also have blems for really nice prices but I couldn't find the size I wanted.
    I deal with 4WpW a lot, but I do my homework before heading out there, and I never let my guards down, so far I am satisfied.

16. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

well i think dealing w/ 4wpw online is a no no, but if you can go to their store, then its worth it.
    so inother words
    inperson yes, virtual no!

17. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Exactly
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

4wpw sucks! 90blzr is the man for tires! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif