Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

#@!$%& 4WPW

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 91KJIMMY, Nov 2, 2000.

1. 91KJIMMY

91KJIMMY Registered Member

Is it just me or does customer support and service at 4Wheel Parts wholesalers totaly suck? I have placed many orders with them and every time there is some kind of problem.

2. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I agree with you but what's even worse is carparts.com
    I have placed 5 orders with them and I have recieved 5
    F up orders.

"IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN STUCK.....YOU'VE NEVER BEEN WHEELIN"!!!

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

It is not just you. They put the wrong shocks on mine a year ago, and I just found out about 2 weeks ago, but got free ones...I think everyone that I know thats gone there has gotten screwed over somehow

90K5

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

What do you expect they specialize in Gyep( Jeep).

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I'm in the process right now having an order through them and so far so good. I've bought shocks from them and they screwed them up. The front shocks were way too long, I called them up and they corrected it right away. The only thing I was out was not having my shocks when I wanted them. I have an order right now for a set of tires and rims and I'm not having any troubles ( so far ) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything shows up exactly like I ordered. This is the first time I have bought tires and rims brand new through one of the 4x4 parts chains, so I'm a little nervous that everything will be right, since returning them will be a bitch if there is problems not to mention waiting longer for them. I'll keep you informed on how it is going. I have a tracking # right now and I'm keeping a close eye on them. I dealt with Mitch, he seems like a nice guy and was very helpful, his extension is 5108. You might want to give him a holler next time. I know this doesn't mean much if some other a-hole screws it up after he takes the order but you never know ?

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

6. 91KJIMMY

91KJIMMY Registered Member

My Main problem with them is they have too many people doing the same job. If I place an order it goes through 12 people before it gets shipped. It's like the telephone game, you never get the right message at the end of the chain:)

7. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

They just opened a store here. The store is very nice but if you look outside at what all the young guys working the counters drive, all you see are highly modified jeeps and cherokees. Yes, having these helps, but I wonder if they know anything about GM stuff.

One good thing is they have had the lowest price in town on a bunch of things, but I bet returning stuff by mail order is a pain.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Personally, all it takes is one time with that kind of bad attitude and I'll never do business with a shop again. It wasn't a simple mistake with me, it was an order lost and ammends were not made.

Therefore, 4WPH will never get any more of my business. If I have to pay 10 or 20 or even 50 bucks more for a part, I'd rather go somewhere else. 4WPH is kinda like Wal mart in that sense, everyone goes there and none of the employees know anything, but they have the best prices. If they can get it right. It's worth it to me to pass my buck on to a lower profile small business and get great service every time.

Bryan

[​IMG]

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Hey laketex, whats that picture from? Looks like my backyard[​IMG] Not really, but it looks cool.

90K5

10. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Gotta be Mad Max Road Warrior.

11. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

MAD MAX and the THUNDERDOME........ yeah baby, yeah

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

12. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

just a comment, i usually use summit, and have had very little problems. if they dont have it in stock, they will usually get it. people think that they are only race parts, but you will be surprised at what they stock.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I second that Summit has ALLWAYS been good to me! Once I ordered a waterpump and the sent me the long one and I needed the short! I called um up and they overnited the right pump to me even before reciving the wrong part back!!!
    They said to just slap the return sticker on the box and set it on my porch.When the new pump came the next day the delivery guy took the other with him!!
    Now thats service[​IMG][​IMG]
    Oh and by the way I will NEVER use 4WPW they are like McDonalds!!Been there done that don't want it or need it!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

14. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i must be the only person who has had a GOOD experience with 4wpw.. i placed an order last year for over $3500.00 worth of parts.lift kit, ring and pinion sets,shocks etc.etc. the only thing that was wrong with my order was that i was missing two spring bushings and that was because the truck driver hit my pallet when unloading another load and they were damaged so he threw them away... i called 4wpw and they had me the new bushings the next day..
    sorry but i like 'em...they are way cheaper than ANY other place around here..

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

k5king, your not the only one, they treated me right, too. Good price and took the time to call me when my parts were put on back order. I had planned to use National Wheel & Tire again, BTW they are great, but they don't carry Detroit Lockers.

Jim '80 GMC
    Vote Freedom First!
    http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com