Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4X show on history channel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, May 5, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

There is a show on the history channel right now bragging about the hummer. I call BS. I've driven them. The military version anyway, and they suck!!!!!!!!!

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

yup watched it last night, mardern marvels 4x4.

the hummer is a prpose built rig, and does great in high speen sand.

wha sucks about them to you?

they are not made for rock crawling and such..

just wondering why you say they suck /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

And if they suck, what is so much better and versitle that the military could use in its place? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

watched it a couple nights ago, showed the Carlisle Nationals here in PA, might go to that this year. Ticked a truck guy like me off with a few things but whatever. They said, "the pickup these days is used for customizing and showing off your own style, very few of them ever go off road" they need a CK5 get together on there. Then I loved it when they showed a lightning and the guy polishing it, he listed what was done to it(factory blower and no aftermarket anything) and then the announcer said, "he has a supercharger added to his truck(its factory!), in fact almost all these truck guys put superchargers on their trucks!" HA. They showed a bunch of more show trash and only one of them besides the lightning had a blower, and that was some 4 cyl lowered nissan or toyota. He even admitted its not that fast /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Was that the one that seemed really DODGE biased?

5. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

Yep

6. scoutillac

They break down a lot. The braking is weird. They jar your spine terribly. The e-brakes don't work worth a crap. Maybe it was just the fleet I was involved with. But I prefered a pick up over the Hummer any day. The only thing that was cool was no doors and a big opening for a 50 cal.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they run 6.5s, of course they will break down, my friends uncle just got a hummer recently, already needs an injection pump /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. scoutillac

By the way there are rocks in the desert. Sometimes you might have to climb them. With the very little amount of articulation and no lockers they don't serve their purpose very well.