Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Armor Bumpers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GruntHunter, May 16, 2005.

1. GruntHunter

GruntHunter 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know whether or not Fred is still making bumpers for the older '87 K5 Blazers? His web site doesn't come up anumore.

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

He went out of business.:frown1:

3. GruntHunter

Bummer ... I really wanted to get one of his bumpers. They were the nicest ones I've seen anywhere.

4. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

check out DIY4X in the vendor section just released a new rear bumper

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

IF anyone ever finds Fredd or how to get ahold of him PM me. He either owes me $766 or a badd-ass front bumper. :mad: I'm really SOL on this one....but just in case anyone has any way to reach him...

6. GruntHunter

When we went on vacation last year I tried to swing by and see one of Freds bumpers first hand. I talked with him several times. Unfortunately I left Fla on a Fri and found out from Fred that the welding shop wasn't open on Sat. I was about 100 miles from Huntsville when he called me on my cell phone and informed me of that. Interestingly, I had the feeling that Fred didn't actually fab the bumpers and that he was having some welding shop fab them for him. I think I still have the address of the weld shop but don't recall a name of the business. If we could find the weld shop we might still be able to get a bumper made. Has anyone actually been there?

7. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

its the cost of the 4+4 armor bumpers that caused me to go buy a tube bender and a notcher. now i can copy there bumpers and make as many as i want. i dig there bumpers, but i wasnt willing to spend the money just to have one. sometimes its a better investment to buy the equipment to do it yourself.