Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 basics 101

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GMC4by4, Aug 19, 2000.

1. GMC4by4

GMC4by4 Registered Member

I found a pretty good website that explains the whole theory of 4 wheel drive and how to use it: http://4x4abc.com/4WD101/index.html

-Rick

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Pretty cool little site, it'd be good for the guys with the Mercury Mountaineer I ran into the other day. Kept trying to stick it in places it didn't belong......uh....that sounded bad....anyways..... The tried to take it down a dirtbike path. Then they were lining up to try and go through this big mud pit (the SUV is absolutely stock too), when luckily the passenger talked the driver out of it. Then the last one was they were going to take the SUV up this hill that a buddy of mine blew his driveshaft on. He's got a 75 Land Cruiser with a 93 TBI 350 and SM465 (I think), spring overs, and 35" BFG Baja's. And these to reet's were thinking of attempting that hill. I kept having to sit there and watch so I could pull them out of, off of, or over whatever they got themselves stuck in or on. Luckily their common sense prevailed before they got in to much trouble each time. They were fun to watch though.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's