Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Builder Magazine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jul 17, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

new mag that has just come out. Not sure about it but I picked it up cause it has some article about turning a Zuki into a hardcore crawler /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif. Features a lifted crew cab Chevy on airbags with 44 TSLs. Show beast but I really like it. At least at ride height, when they air it up to 20" of lift it looks like crap. I don't think it has a front shaft though /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif they strategically took all the pictures so you can't see that.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Who's publishing it?

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Not Primedia for once. Buckaroo Communications, same people as Chevy Rumble. Steering on that CC is scary though /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

In order to allow the suspension to move that much theres no real way to make perfect steering, they would be better off with full hydro.

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I was looking @ one at work It's pretty lame, IMHO, I did more mods to my blazer before I new what I was doing, then these trucks have done to them. All those rigs in that rag are relativly new and are pretty much run of the mill, mall rated crap /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifIMHO /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That big chevy belongs to a friend of mine named Travis, he owns a shop in Ventura Califonia called Tag Team Racing and no there is not a front drive shaft.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if it were me I'd build that chevy with airbags but not have it so adjustable. Just use the airbags for a nice ride with that much lift. I'd just sit at the street height cause I think it looks great at that height.

9. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

where can you get this magazine? someone had a post about it before...but I looked for it, and never could find it. do they have a website?

10. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

buckaroo communications They don't yet have 4x4 Builder up on the front page.

I've seen that Tag Team truck in person (I live in Ventura). Let's just leave it at that.