Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Camping weekend

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1 FN HI K5, Oct 19, 2001.

1. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

Hey all you 4x4 enthusiast in northern California we are going on a 4x4 camping weekend on November 9,10,11 2001. A few of us are going up friday after work and the rest on saturday mourning.You and your family are welcome to join us any day you can make it. The trip is to Bassi fall's above Placerville on Ice House road near the Rubicon and Loon Lake.This is for every one not just rock crawlers.Come have a killer weekend I will be driving my 72 blazer ( 1 FN HI K5 )
    Come have a relaxing time the camp is next to the river and it is free. The more the merrier. For more info leave a post or email me 1-fn-hi-k5@excite.com
    I also put a post in the 1st gen. blazers. So far we have 3 blazer's 1 full size bronco. Not 4 sure but 1 jeep and 2 early bronco may join the trip. Later 1 FN HI K5

htpp:/community.webshots.com/user/1fnhik5&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by 1 FN HI K5 on 10/21/01 09:55 PM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 1 FN HI K5 on 10/29/01 01:02 PM.</FONT></P>

2. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Count me in. Im in deep need of a camping trip, I'll bring the blender?

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!! <a target="_blank" href=http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com>www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com</a>
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hey that sounds awesome... I wonder if I can make that? Are there fees for the place to camp? Please send me the info on it.... thanks!! [​IMG]

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

4. 1 FN HI K5

xplosuv we will see you there. I will be sending directions how to get there next week and a meeting place for those that want to go up friday night after work because of the time change it will be easy to follow me up. I'll bring the Ice.
    Chevygal the camp site is free But we do need fire permit's
    and i will get them. There is a small problem for restroom's there is no port-a-pot bring a shovel and do what the bears do.

htpp:/community.webshots.com/user/1fnhik5

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Get an "uncle boogers bumper dumper". Count me and Shawn in. In my Jimmy.... May have the toy too! Send me the info also.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Going in the bushes is fine by me.... heck at Hollister the bathrooms were gross. No offense to anyone... but what the heck were you guys eating? I had to hold my breath a few times! [​IMG] So the bushes were looking good. [​IMG] Anyhow let us know if we can do anything to help plan... (like bring stuff and so on) and I'm sure everyone will help if they can..... [​IMG]

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

7. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Sweet, Now the mad rush to fix the rig is on...

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!! <a target="_blank" href=http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com>www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com</a>

8. 1 FN HI K5

Great another K5 Sara and Shawn we will count you in.
    I'll be sending info out by friday this week.1 FN HI K5

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 1 FN HI K5 on 10/21/01 10:01 PM.</FONT></P>

9. 1 FN HI K5

xplosuv i know what you mean. <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 1 FN HI K5 on 10/23/01 08:11 PM.</FONT></P>

10. big79209

big79209 Registered Member

brad, tman talked to his brother and he will most likely be going up also. havent heard back from andy yet. 18 days to go!!! todd

11. 1 FN HI K5

Well things look good for this weekend. So far there will be 9-10 trucks. I am taking that friday off on the 9th just to finish packing and 1 truck is going up in the mourning to make sure we get the fire permits and about 1/2 the camp site.

I need to know who else is going up friday after work?

12. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Hey Brad,
    Do you have a map to get there? or any info on camp sites. I just heard on the news that the fire season was extended and they might not allow burn permits?

13. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey brad this is andy's brother mike(went to school with ya) I will go if I can get some things fixed first(carb and wheel bounce stuff)

14. 1 FN HI K5

Sounds good Im still working on my on board air I will have it done by sunday. I will email every one a map this weekend.
    1 FN HI K5

15. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

12th is a Holiday so we will probably come up Fri Night and stay till Monday. Anyone else have this day off? Veterans Day? Gotta love State Jobs! My lift goes on tomorrow!! Should be ready for a camping trip at least by the 9th (hopefully)!

16. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was just there Wednesday and Thursday. Very nice! There are lots of trails and rock crawling locations. I took some pictures so maybe I can get them posted for all to see. I would love to go again but I work weekends. During the week I was the only one out there. The temperature got down to about 25 so be prepared for a chilly night, build a nice fire but be careful as it is really dry around there.
    Laters

Let The Sun Shine Down Upon My Face
    Topless 73
    RUNCOOL</font color=blue>

17. RyansRod

RyansRod 1/2 ton status

Damn! That sounds like fun. I havent been wheeling in about 9 months. But then again, that's how long, my trucks been apart. I'm still tampering with the engine I'm installing in my 84 K5. It's an LT1. Complicated, so it won't be done until I fuigure out all the EFI and ECM stuff. It'll be done soon though, and I'm glad there are enouph of us here in N Cal to do this kind of stuff. I'll be there next time. I would come just to watch but I'm ashamed of my temporary car I'm driving right now. You guys would eat me alive if I showed up in it. Have fun guys.

Friends don't let friends drive fords

18. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

welp dosent look like there is goin to be a chance in hell that i can go...i just lost my drive shaft and blew my rear end today...and my transfer case started leakin like crazy...i think the drive shaft hit it when it went so...i dont know what is up with it....and my front axle is toast...so count me out

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!</font color=blue> [​IMG]

19. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

My girlfriend and i will be coming up early saturday morning. I take it maps will be provided (?) if not, will a memeber of the friday group meet us in town and get us to camp? sounds like a ton of fun...i hope nuthin' blows before the 9th (like my engine [​IMG])

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]