Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4=faster go, same time to STOP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGRIG, Dec 13, 2000.

1. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Well with the recent snow here in MO, I got caught in my fwd in Olathe. On the way home from yuppie-ville I was passed by the standard in his/her New landcruiser,explorer,?etc.etc. NEWS ALERT!!!NEWS ALERT!!! this just in 4 wheel drive gives you traction taking off AND often takes longer to stop idiotos!
    I am not exagerating when in a 20-30mile distance I saw 100cars/trucks in ditches smashed rolled turned around in oncoming traffic lanes. It was horrible!
    I was passed by 1974 1/2 chevys=NO traction which by the way I saw later on off the side of the highway in a ditch.
    The general public seem to AMAZE me everyday with new amounts of stupidity!
    Then they all think because the highway is fine the bridge must be uuuuhhhhh NO! air above & below=frozen first and stays frozen longer!

Sorry Guys just had to vent on el idiotos that made my 2hr(normally 30min) ride home a new exploration into the depths of my nerves and bravery to fight them and not wreck!

OK I swear im done

Chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM!

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!! I drive 63 miles one way back and forth to Cleveland for work.....Didja ever notice the dumber the person the slower they'll drive in the fast lane? Ya just gotta laugh at them soccer moms and Yuppie skirtboy dads driving their $35,000 "keepin' up with the Joneses-mobiles" Can't afford to run the blazer to work, but sometimes wish I had a brush-bar on the front of the work ride!

"I'm not stuck...I'm just resting!"

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

It is because of idiots like those people that are insurance rates keep going up!!!!!!!

Gokartergo

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Speaking of idiots. I just love waiting in bumper to bumper traffic that is backed up for miles because of a wreck, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY. The damn fools just have to slow down and look.

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine is selling a Cherokee and had a guy come over the other day to take a look. His comment was that he wanted to buy his wife a 4x4 so she could stop better in the snow. Unbelievable.

Also, is it just me or are 90% of the vehicles that slid off the road SUV's or 4wd trucks........

6. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

That kills me about the bridges, you'd think people would learn about that up there. Hell if you ever drive through south carolina, they have a sign at every single bridge, over pass, whatever, that says "Bridge ices before road."

7. 84Blazr

84Blazr Registered Member

Don't forget the idiots in the MINIVAN'S also.....

8. Logan

Logan Registered Member

I'm compiling a list of vehicles that will cause you problems, regardless of the weather: No matter where you are, or what traffic is like, these drivers always seem to be trying to sneak past you in the right lane, weave in and out of traffic, tailgate you even though the left lane is clear, don't have their lights on at night (HOW can you not notice that all of your guages are black? "I wonder how fast I'm going...What's my engine temp? Do I have any gas or oil? Ah, who cares...") or they just drive like morons in the snow.

Minivans
    Honda Civics
    Honda Accords
    Toy SUV's (Rav4, CRV, Etc.)
    5.0's
    Anything with a Quebec plate

Anything to add?

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the people with 4x4s that are in the ditch are either ran off the road by morons or they are the trendy people that are filled with a false confidence by the suv fad[​IMG]

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

10. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

My favorites are the ones that pull right in front of you after passing and drive 1 mph faster. I tend to leave enough room to stop now after too many times nearly piling into some little car, and it makes me very happy to have someone 1 car length in front. Maybe we should sell how to tapes with cars. Or broadcast continuously on the radio. "don't follow too close, big trucks take time to stop, dangerous passes to get 1 car ahead in traffic isn't worth it....."

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on passing on the left when it's a solid line of traffic in both lanes. If I wanted a honda in my grill, I'd put it there myself! You're going to have to get in line just like the rest of us.

AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! That's why I wheel, access to places with NO PEOPLE. Sometimes I have to get there fast!

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

11. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

My favorites are the ones that pull right in front of you after passing and drive 1 mph faster. I tend to leave enough room to stop now after too many times nearly piling into some little car, and it makes me very happy to have someone 1 car length in front. Maybe we should sell how to tapes with cars. Or broadcast continuously on the radio. "don't follow too close, big trucks take time to stop, dangerous passes to get 1 car ahead in traffic aren't worth it....."

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on passing on the right when it's a solid line of traffic in both lanes. If I wanted a honda in my grill, I'd put it there myself! You're going to have to get in line just like the rest of us.

AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! That's why I wheel, access to places with NO PEOPLE. Sometimes I have to get there fast!

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

12. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I remember when I was little, my dad was getting on to girlfriend while driving in traffic. It was bumper to bumper, adn everytime the car in front of her gave some spce she'd romp it only to have to slam on the brakes again. Thus the creation of stop and go. SO I listened when he told her to let the engine pull itself, to keep from over heating the engine and the brakes. To this day I still do that. Especially in the Blazer. Thats a heavy SOB to be playing stop and go. So I love to cruise along barely poking but keeping up with the movement, for the most part. But I love it when the guy behind you is swerving all over the place trying to figure out why you are going so slow. I just push the ol' rear window button and give a good stare through the rear view mirror and start laughing. This really pisses them off even more. Then they race up, pass me and then guess what??? They have to slam on the brakes only to have gotten, what? 15 feet closer to the front of a 2 mile line. So this is when I have fun. I give them a little dose of their own medicne. I get the big ol beast a rolling and let them see how it feels to have something that weighs enough to completely destroy their car come barrelling down on them. You can see them pucker up as they are looking in that rearview. Then I light up a smoke and turn up the toons, and continue putting.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

13. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

We had an ice storm last night and early this morning. It was bad enough to close to schools. Since my son's Jimmy was available, I took it to work this morning. The comments about the bridges are most appropriate. On the way to work, as I was going over a large bridge, a police car passed me. He lost is just as he cleared my left front fender. He was eyeball to bumper for a few seconds until he got it straightened out. I just stayed off the brakes and gas and let him slide on by. I am sure he probably soiled his drawers.

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

This really pisses me off - It iced over here last night and the ice weighted down branches and the branches took out a lot of powerlines, so obviously some of the street lights went out. So, today I'm driving around(school was closed) and for some reason every moron seems to think that when they see that the light isn't working that they should speed on through and not even stop[​IMG] I saw 3 collisions today resulting from these idiots[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have a 17 mile commute tomorow, 4 miles of stop-and-go in town traffic (lights green, please push the pedal) and 13 on one of the worst streches in this impatient state, everyone goes too fast. Tomorow is suposed to be bad, I'm not leaving the right lane or going over 55. School can wait. I'll catch up when they're stuck in the ditch because they dont know how to use 4WD</font color=blue>

16. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I drive 22 miles one way to work every morning and the drive is filled with fun and excitement when it rains or snows here. People just become flat out IDIOTS. East of OKC it's hilly and every stop sign is on a section line (every mile) and it's up hill on the way to work and down hill on the way home. Going to work I take the back roads to the interstate and pass 50 to 60 people trying to get past the stop sign. Figure that if they spin the well long and fast enough, they'll melt down to the pavement and get traction...wait got traction...damn, hit ice again...you know the routine. Then when you get to I-40, I believe that most of the people that drive in from my side of town argue if they would still be brother and sister if they got a divorce and eat rubber plants. If they are going, then they have traction, and therfore the can continously increase speed until the inevitable happens. Then they look at you like "Hey a$$hole, how about pulling me out???" My sympathy to them for they will not learn their lesson until they pay the tow truck driver to pull them out. And the rubber plant part comes from when some one else beats them to the accident and they have to slow down to 5 mph to see what happened. This morning, a J**P, a blue oval F-150 2wheel drive, 3 Chevy 2 wheel, a Honda Civic, a Saturn, one minivan, a semi, a Dodge Colt all in the ditch and all before I got to the interstate plus some 50 to 60 various vehicle trying to make it up the hill or trying to go after the stop sign. My wife has a 45 minute comute and it took her over 2 hours to get home. Takes me normally 25 minutes to get to work and I've had mornings here that it took me over 2 hours to get in. And yes we have our share of Street Utility Vehicles that think they are immune to the hazards of the roads because they have their fearless SUV. Some people should take classes before they can buy an SUV, they are probably the same people that should be spayed or neutered.

17. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

UGGHHH, I've seen all of this too. Drives me nuts.

<font color=red>Vehicles don't kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!<font color=black>

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

18. undertow

undertow Registered Member

its everywhere, but there is one factor out here (LA) that you need to account for...

...the idiots on the road out here may find our observant, carefull, and appropriate driving (based on weather, or any other road condition) to their dislike (for whatever reason) and decide to start shooting at you! It always fun to screw with those people, but not to safe in these neck of 'the woods'.

.undertow.

19. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

dont be slammin the people in the ditch to much ...... sometimes you get a wild hair up your butt and want to see if thats really water in the bottom of that ditch or is it a mirage??? we dont have to worry about snow and ice down here to much but when it rains (every other day) people go nuts.....

Bigger Is Better
    Channing74

20. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

They should change the name from Sport Utility vehicles, to Sport Utility Assholes!