Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Garage mag

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fry, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

Anybody see it? I picked up a copy today, wasn't bad had some repeated info already printed in previous mags and was a little skimpy on alot of info but had some cool articles like a dana 60 swap in a 1/2 ton and the front cover had a full convert blazer even though it didn't look like much. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Its from Primedia and it said that it was its premier issue.

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

no didn't see it. i'll have to look, what's the cover look like? color wise, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

theres a factory orangeish, maybe primer on the front cover with some dude grinding the calipers away. The last 1/4 of the blazer is hiding in the garage. It says your first 4x4 in yellow just under the mag name.

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Last time I was at the grocery store I stood there and read it for about 10mins. It was pretty cool, but nothing too special.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thank's bro /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I picked up one this evening. Not bad, and yes, repeats from other publications. Maybe they can pull it together and make something like CarCraft which actually has real, budget limited buildups. Would be fun to see a Project K5 build from basics with everyday mods. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

It has the np205 twin stick article /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

Its the same guys that write for 4 wheel and offroad, peterson's, and jp magazine. Pretty much reprinting old articles from the other mags.

9. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I see the fact that Primedia owns all of the common 4x4 mags has been noticed by someone other than me. IMHO they're all dumb. Primedia is catering to the lowest common denominator.

What Primedia is trying to do is to confuse the public with mag titles. There is a mag from a competitor about to come out with a similar title. I don't think I can divulge the title just yet though. Look for it near the first of the year. Expect it to be like the first couple of years of 4WD & SUV, only with more tech and more in-depth quality articles.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

11. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Yep. Pick up a copy of "American Rodder" sometime. The plan, as I understand it, is for it to have the same general 'feel'. I don't work for the publisher (yet), so I'm not privy to all of the things going on.