Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 iron bumper?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Apr 27, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have a bumper from 4x4 iron?? They look like a good bumper and I wanted to know if ne one had any good or bad things to say about them. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Good thing: You don't have to pay shipping! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

That one of the main reasons that I want to buy one from them plus I can take my blazer there and they can make it a exact fit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I was looking into getting these but I deiced to make something similar to this

[​IMG]

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have the front and back bumer sliders and 203205 cross member they are A1 and good to deal with the day he says it will be complete -- well you can take that to the bank -- they get a big /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif from me

6. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Tim is a great guy. Give him a call at 626-2161. His shop is off Hwy 290 just outside of Dripping Springs. Take a drive out there and get yourself a bumper. You won't be disappointed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I have a rear bumper with tire carrier. I feel sorry if anyone ever rearends me, especially a little ricer. It will quickly become a convertible.
    It's in my Webshots album

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Just ordered their swing away tire carrier rear bumper and the new front square tube bumper. They will be done within a few weeks and I'll post pics. They have been good to work with so far.

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Tim does damn good work. His bumpers and everything he builds are stout. I have one of his rock rods and a tcase crossmember. Both are damn near bulletproof.

His bumpers are damn nice peices of metal. I got to see him and his bumpers in person and in action when I was living in Colorado and his shop was in Denver. Awesome guy and awesome work.

Harley

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

P.S. If you want proof that I like his work and products check out my link to my truck below. His shop and CK5 are the only 2 stickers on my truck. His is a windshield banner. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Harley

11. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I ran front and rear bumpers from Tim before I went skinny. They are awsome bumpers. I pounded on mine all the way through Upper Hell with no problems. Look in the tech review sections on this site. There are writeups on both. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a rear bumper with tire carrier. I feel sorry if anyone ever rearends me, especially a little ricer. It will quickly become a convertible.
    It's in my Webshots album

[/ QUOTE ]

did you have cut the frame so the bumper can sit closer to the body??? I can't tell by the pictures

thanks

13. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I got his rear with a swing out tire carrier.

I love it.

Only one thing I don't like... I can't rotate my rear window crank and lower the rear window without swinging out the tire carrier. This won't be a problem for you electric rear window guys.

Other than that, it's great!

14. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

do you have any pictures? I want to see how close it sits to the body. I was planning on making 1 but I might just buy it instead. not sure though.

thanks

15. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of our 4x4 Iron Bumper. I did cut 3.5" off the rear of the frame to tuck the bumper up under the tailgate. The only downside of cutting the frame is that you loose the springs that help you lift the tailgate, which is surprisingly heavy (130#).

The bumper itself is high quality and very stout, and as others have said, I feel sorry for anybody that hits it.

I have met Tim, he is a great guy, and he knows what he is doing, I would buy anything he builds. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif