Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 IRON now offers Tie Rods & Drag Links

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KAS, Jan 7, 2003.

1. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

We're now offering Tie Rods & Drag Links for your K5.
    TIE RODS & DRAG LINKS Please let us know if you have any questions. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I was thinking about getting one soon for a hi-steer conversion. Seems I know who to call. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

I'm anxious to see your truck at EJS! All the work you've done on it, it seems it's turning out nice!

4. Sandman

Thats what you guys think! Its my neighbors Blazer. I drive a station wagon. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I was just going to email you this, but I couldn't find an email address on 4x4iron.com

What do you sell them for without the ends? I'd rather buy the ends with a lifetime warranty locally.
    -- Mike

6. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

Mike-
    The Standard HD 1-1/4"(no ends) - $85.00
    Extreme Duty 1-1/2"(sleeved) (no ends) - $95.00

7. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

ok i am defintily gonna sound dumb here but the only way to learn things is to ask. the steering set up in the pic does not look like my 87 k5. i know its a high steer conversion but my steering only has one arm. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i have only had my k5 for a couple weeks but i have wheeled jeeps for 5 years. so the chevy steering is foreign to me. if i buy these peices is the anything else i need for the conversion. i am not tryin to do a high steer just make my steering look like the one in the pic. thats the crossover steering i read about now and then on here right? feel free to make fun of me but at least answer my ?s /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Sandman

Try checking out this article on a crossover setup on a Dana 44.

Crossover

9. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Josh,
    That's a good article to show you what is involved. If you dont do hi-steer then the bottom tie rod will remain in the same location as it is now. You can actually do it now and finish the crossover later, or wait and do it all as one. Since you have an 87 model you will have to also get some flat top knuckles off of a dana 44 front end to do the crossover with. Don't feel bad about asking questions. None of us were born knowing we all had to learn it somewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

If you want to check out crossover stering in person just give me a shout. My 89 has crossover on it.