Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Iron rock sliders

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TxK5Blazer, Oct 14, 2003.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

any one install these and do you have some type of pics of the install so I know what is going on before I buy them...Jason

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their website has more pics IIRC. You have to cut the rocker out, weld the inside and outside edges of the slider, then weld the supports from the slider to the body panel. Doesn't need to be welded to the frame. There are a couple of ways to weld to the remainder of the rocker. If you cut the top plate of the rocker off by each end of the door opening and weld the slider up along the cut, then you'll have to fill in the 1/8" or so gap with something - either a plate or body filler. This is what was done on one side of my sliders. Or, you can cut the rocker out but leave the entire top plate if it's solid, then weld along the outside edge of the existing rocker top plate and the top edge of the slider. Then there's little to no bodywork needed to make it look smooth.

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

We have install instructions that come with them along with pics of where to cut and a cut template. If you have any questions I can help you out with them.

4. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Thanks Tim for that info I will be purchasing them I hope some time around x mas. kind of an x mas gift to me if you know what I mean. If you guys will be open by then....Jason