Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4X4 Iron

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Mar 3, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I called 4X4 Iron to order a rear bumper kit I could weld together. ( Haven't got a shop yet) I thought I would get a discount as a member of CK-5. No biggie, since I'm gonna get it anyway. Just suprised.

:confused:

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

No secret, Tim's a scrooge. His products are top notch and he is no B.S. so that stands for more than a discount in my book. FYI, some vendors on off road BBS might seem to offer discounts, but disguise other ways to get your green backs.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea, I like the free shipping spiel, then it's about the shipping price higher than a competitor. See that alot in electronics.

5. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

when i got my rear bumper from him he said the price of steel was the reason for no discount and he wasnt blowing smoke, i recently went to buy some steel and the price has doubled in the last year, i was shocked, and if china keeps buying up all the available steel the price will probably go up more, he makes nice bumpers by the way:D

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Not trying to hijack or anything, but AFA china goes, their consumption of steel is expected to continue to rise in the next few years... BUT, they have been rapidly expanding their own steel production capability at the same time and its expected that China will be importing much less steel in the near-term. Could be good news for us recreational steel-buyers, especially if a temporary glut occurs due to high levels of production. 5 years from now, China will probably be a net exporter of steel, and things will return to normal in the US steel market which has been making record profits the last few years.

j

7. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

that would be good news:cool1:

8. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Im still looking for a set of plans or drawings for a front bumper like this one:

[​IMG]
    only with a Warn 8274.