Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Iron

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rlhenry, Feb 24, 2006.

1. rlhenry

rlhenry Registered Member

It's been a while since I've been on the site, but what happened to 4x4 Armor? The last I heard, they were relocating (to Texas, I think). The Product Review of their rear bumper is still on this site, but I can't seem to find them. Any ideas?

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got one of their last, if not their last bumper. He decided to spend more time with his family. May be back one day! Other vendors can do it though!

3. rlhenry

There's another post from yesterday with a guy wanting to put the rear bumper with body armor on his rig. I guess I'm not the only one who liked them. Any suggestions on other vendors?

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im not sure, but i thought 4x4 armor and 4x4 iron were 2 different companys. 4x4 armor went out of business quite a while ago, and 4x4 iron stopped making them about a year ago.

ive built bumpers, email in profile.

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

From what I understand, 4x4 Armor is still in business, Fred emailed me the other day and I updated his contact info at the bottom of the front bumper and slider review pages: http://coloradok5.com/secfrontbumperreview.shtml

Also check with DIY 4x4 and others in the vendor forum, I believe there are a few others that make them as well.

6. rlhenry

The DIY 4x4 rear bumper is pretty nice looking unit at a pretty reasonable price.

By the way, hell of a website.