Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Iron's Crossmember Skidplate Combo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IronMan, Jan 27, 2003.

1. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

4x4 Iron\'s Crossmember Skidplate Combo

Has anyone had any experience with 4x4 Iron's Crossmember skidplate Combo for ORD Doublers? I would like to purchase one for my pickup, but would like some feedback first. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: 4x4 Iron\'s Crossmember Skidplate Combo

I haven't delt with that crossmember personally but I have delt with Tim firsthand. All his work I have seen is excellent. He is building me a skidplate & crossmember for my 208 and it is awesome so far. I am testing out a new design and we are skid plating it at the end of the week.

I have seen one in person on Steve's (ColoradoK5) truck and it looked pretty sweet. All Tim's work is stout and this is no exception. I am totally sold on Tim's work and would recommend his stuff to anyone who wants the quality work.

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

If you consider Toby's (moneypit) big heavy ass on top of it, I mean his K5 on top of it, then yes they have been tested. His is still holding up very well. Steve has the tube version on his truck, but he wouldn't test it for fear of scratching the awesome paint job that Tim put on it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Well we have set Toby's 6000lb rig down on his hard a couple of times while wheeling and it has done well with just the typical scratches rocks seem to leave. We had his front tires completely off the ground with the truck balanced on the skid plate part and all seems well.

And dont tell Steve /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, but I took his out for some double low power braking just to see what would happen. I found it to just light up his 39.5, but you do have to shift it pretty fast as 30-35 is about top speed. So if he mentions that his rear tires look more worn than his fronts I know nothing about it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

If your doubler is clocked then you can use one like Steve has (round tube), if it is standard rotation then you have to go with one like Toby has (square tube).