Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 mags could use more of...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 30, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

say what u want about low riders... I think we need some 4x4 mags with pics like this...

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I disagree. There's plenty of magazines that I can look at if I want to see boobage, automotive mags should concentrate on the cars. Only crap like that lowrider junk needs that kind of decoration to make the car look better. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif </font>

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I disagree. If I want to see scattered a$$ Ill look at PlayBoy. Theres no need for that IMHO. Besides, who wants to see poser shots of a clean rig? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Maybe if they just included some hot real-world chicks and not some plastic boob-job it would be cool. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Well regardless of how you look at that they are two fast rides /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hell, I'd buy it, the mag that is... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. jekbrown

Im not saying EVERY 4x4 mag should have model chix in it... maybe just 1. I mean... if it works for lowriders, street trucks, harleys, etc etc etc why not 4x4s? Sometimes reading the current type of 4x4 mags makes me feel like a stuffy old man. they are pretty bland sometimes.

j

8. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    I disagree. If I want to see scattered a$$ Ill look at PlayBoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

if playboy had lots of pics of chicks with 4x4s, I'd agree with ya. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Theres no need for that IMHO. Besides, who wants to see poser shots of a clean rig? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

theres not a NEED for 4x4 mags at all. lol. and no one said the rigs (or the women!) would be clean!!! mud bogs + chicks that look like they just got done mud wrestling... ooooo yeaaaah. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Go ahead and buy your 4x4 rags with bikini-chicks in Jeeps... I buy 4x4 magazines because they sometimes have useful information, cool trucks that I could only dream of having the money and talent to build, and the wheeling pics... Particularly the ones in the woods cuz I have a thing for trees... ahhhh crap maybe I shouldn't mention the tree thang /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif... Anyway... yea... I'm gonna go ahead and ummm... something.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

10. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I haven't actually READ one in about 9 months. I got tired of seeing the publishers recirculate the same aticles over and over again. Not to mention the attention buggies get now. Im sick of seeing some rich guys wet dream on the cover of mags! Give me some real life shiznit. I remember back in the day seeing Dr. Watson's rig in one of them and telling myself I need to have that. And this was before the rear coils and hacking (maybe even before the front coils).

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

actually id prefer a brunette /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. jekbrown

ok, lets put it this way... in standard 4x4 mags you have pics of guys standing around by their rigs... would you rather see this...

[​IMG]

... or this...

[​IMG]

Im not talking about the rigs in the pics, just the peeps in the pics. I may be the only one in the world, but I'd take whats behind door #2. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I mean, if a mag about cars/trucks is going to have pics with people in them, why cant they be chicks?! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Four wheeling is a sport mainly filled with redneck guys in big ugly trucks... Lowriders is about seeing how low and gay looking you can make your truck, then make people look at your truck by putting a model or a slut or both on the hood...

Magazines, if you ask me, should include pictures of what the specific activity is all about. If the magazine is about four wheeling, I want to see big trucks and wilderness and, if there are people, I want to see real people hot women or fat beer-bellied rednecks...

If I want to see women in bikinis trying to f*ck the brains out of a vehicle, I'll pick up a lowrider magazine...

I'm sorry you can't get off with yourself by looking at a 4x4-oriented magazine, but hot half-nude women isn't what our sport is about. Come to think of it, neither is the activity of making lowriders... If I read a magazine about lowriders, I'd want to see some of these lowriders and maybe the creator of the fine piece of machinery, NOT a cheerleading squad sprawled in front blocking the vehicle which is the purpose of the magazine.

There are plenty of magazines that show off models and stuff, but keep them out of my truck magazines and in their own category. At the risk of not being a "real guy," I don't want to see that in truck magazines or anywhere else it doesn't belong.