Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 obsticle course..help me out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy_mud_84, Sep 11, 2006.

1. chevy_mud_84

chevy_mud_84 Registered Member

Im taken my truck out to our local 4x4 mud drag and obsticle course etc. competition this weekend, and i plan on doin the Obsticle course this year. Now this is my trucks very last run as its bein taken off the road and goin up for sale, becuz i baught a new truck, so i wanna make it memorable. This is also the first time ive ever done an obsticle course, so i need your help on the best way to go about the course. my trucks an 84 shortbox stepside with 5"s of lift and 35" MT's. the obsticle course consits of mud, water, a hill climb that comes right outta the water hole, horizontal log crossing, some rocks, and a spot where its all dirt mounts off set of each other with holes dig down , so u need some good flex. whats your opinion on what way to tackle these? 4low? 4high? best way to take on the logs. things i should watch out for. Its kinda hard asking this i guess cuz u dont know what the course looks like. ill try and get a pick from their site if someone can post it for me. Thanks.

2. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

I thought you were going to build one, that would be way cooler

3. chevy_mud_84

chevy_mud_84 Registered Member

since u braught that up..i might as well tell you now that i am buidling one next summer. my buddy has a farm with alot of property so we will be makin one, it will have a 4x4 truck obsticle course, as well as an atv obsticle course and race track, and a bogg pit. so anyone who feel likes drivin to Ontario Canada sometime next summer come on down. But as for right now this is about the course im entering. lol.