Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 shops around Wichita, KS.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blzr4x4ngkid2, Oct 28, 2003.

1. blzr4x4ngkid2

blzr4x4ngkid2 Registered Member

I'm looking to buy a new set of 39.5" Boggers and a set of wheels. I know there are some in Oklahoma and I'm not talking about 4 Wheel Parts. There was one in Tulsa as well. I want to open my options for buying tires and wheels.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i get my wheels from summit or national tire and wheel. works 4 me...

j

3. blzr4x4ngkid2

I'm looking to avoid shipping if possible, unless shipping is really cheap. I know those Boggers and some 15x10's weigh a ton. I've ordered from Summit before and NTW. I'm happy with both places.

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

The only one that I can think of that I would do business with, at least in Tulsa is Down and Dirty Offroad. They are pretty standard on their prices. I'm not sure if there are in the City, but I seem to remember at least one. I may be making a little day trip up to Witchita next month, but I don't think I could fit a set of Boggers in the back of the wife's Jeep /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have you wore down the set you've got already? Want to sell them cheap so I can do fitup on mine? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. blzr4x4ngkid2

I'll consider it. Just need to agree on a price.

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll consider it. Just need to agree on a price.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Just called Danny's didn't ya /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was on the phone with them to grab a price on some other stuff and asked while I had them on your boggers... Not trying to push a shop, but I would be willing to help with delivery if you decided to buy from them. They are about the best group of guys I've ever met, hell, they let me roam their shop on the WEEKEND for pete's sake.

How much you want for your old set? Is there ANY tread left on them?

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

BTW, Danny's got em for $335 to the penny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

check with scott at offroad. he's been around the longest and usually beats everyone elses deal. fatboyz in derby is decent to price stuff out, but they never have it and won't pony up to get it shipped quickly. there is a new shop east of broadway on 55th south that has been struggling to make a name for themselves. they may give you the best deal just to get the business.

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Check out Supplee's in Oklahoma City, they run at least 5-10 bucks less a tire than National, and there isn't any shipping. I'll look for their number.

John

10. blzr4x4ngkid2

I did call Danny at Down and Dirty yesterday and he qouted me at $335 a tire and that's what I pay. He was real helpful and gave me the best price so far. I'll most likely head down there to purchase the tires. Plus, I want to check that place out.

No offense to Scott, but F*&$ him. His prices are too high and he has never offered to beat anybody's prices. He qouted me $800 for a 6" Superlift with rear blocks 4yrs ago and I could order one for $400. The guys at Fatboyz are good guys, but they were asking just a little too much for tires as well. I have done business with Charlie at Fatboyz and they are the only shop local I'll do business with. Don't get me wrong, Off-Road isn't a bad place, I've just had my problems with Scott as a number of my friends. I'll have to look into that shop on Broadway. I didn't know there was another one. Maybe we should open up a shop and beat everyone's prices. I guarantee we could get the business. It's just cheaper to do things myself.

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I did call Danny at Down and Dirty yesterday and he qouted me at $335 a tire and that's what I pay. He was real helpful and gave me the best price so far. I'll most likely head down there to purchase the tires. Plus, I want to check that place out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the kinda guy Danny is. You can pretty much call him whenever whereever and he'll help. He's salt of the earth, no question. If you come down this way, holler and I'll meet you over there. I'm always up for meeting new folks from the board.

12. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

btw- theres a set of 42's in the paper for like 800 on 15x15 wheels. might want to check it out.

oh- and about scott, yeah. there's serious issues there if you want to know more...

13. blzr4x4ngkid2

Yeah I saw the tires in the paper. I called on them, but no return call yet. There was also a 468 in the paper too. I might call on it. I really want a big block in my K5 now. Know of any sitting around? You'll have to fill me in on those "issues" hahaha.