Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Southern - Southeast 4x4 Club

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Jan 30, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Just about ready to start it up- PM me or email me for details- club is based in Winston-Salem, NC, and for the first few months will be completely free- all those registered in few few months will never be required to pay anything. Will be traveling to Tellico and Uwarrhie this summer.

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Sent you a PM. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jay web

jay web Registered Member

me too

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

One thing to think about w/ the free deal is if your club wants to join an association it will need to pay for those members. Good luck on your efforts. Hope to see you at Tellico-hint the CK5 ride is April 25-27.

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Sounds good.live in Tenn.Go to Tellico when I get chance.Been going since 88. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifIf interested in long distance members count me in.Good wheeling in my area,come on over.10-12 miles from Wheelin in the Country.{on web}Good wheeling around Tracy City,Cowan area too. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer on 38s in TENN. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

That's true, and I'll deal with that later. But for now I want to gain a large fellowship to start with. I have also considered hosting a small truck show each year, to help and pay for those funds necessary for the association costs. And by the way- here in Winston-Salem we have some places to go. . .but not big enough for a run. Some founding members playing around. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=264200&page=9
    The club is open to all 4x4 trucks.

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Nice, I guess you and the guy w/ the Dodge are good friends-or hate each other!
    I think starting off free is a good idea, if things don't work out noone can accuse you of ripping them off. What I was more concerned about was your club being a success (I try to think positive), you mentioned charter members would never be required to pay. You might want put some conditions on that, like a time limit, Maybe: "Charter members will incure no fees of the first 18 months". Just don't want you to get stuck holding the bag.
    I strongly suggest you check out Southern and United for advice on starting a club if you haven't already done so. Once again, good luck.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Second Gen is for TECH related posts. While I think it's great you are starting up a club This is not the proper forum. I'm going to move this over to the Garage.

As for the Club. I'm the current memership Director for the Club that BigJBear and I are in. Our club is one of the most organized and active clubs in the Southeast. I understand wanting to get some members together before looking at dues but once you have members and have become organized I highly recomend becoming involved with Southern. www.sfwda.org Southern is the organazation that is why you can wheel at both Uwarrhie and Tellico today. They are dirrectly resposible for helping keep those places operating and clean. Your dues to them help keep them open as well as help with legal issue that threaten our sport.
    Joining Southern also gets you joined to United and United is the organazation that is helping our sport at the federal level.