Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4X4 to 2WD conversion or trade for 2WD for fit 500 cid cadillac

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by phatillac500, Feb 2, 2004.

1. phatillac500

phatillac500 Registered Member

I have a 91 sonoma 4x4. Going to puta 500 Cadillac in it. Should I just trade it or convert it? If there is any doubts about the space..... Go here.....

http://community.webshots.com/user/my454s10

Thanks in advanced /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

What axle are you running with that thing? Some came with the big 10 bolt and your at a weight advantage .... but still you are expecting to break something right?

3. phatillac500

Hopefully its a 10 bolt. I dont know cause its 30 miles away. So you think its easy to swap out the front dif and make it 2WD? Im thinkin that maybe I should trade it for a 2WD. Someone in Michigan. That way I dont have to mess with removing all the peices and putting normal 2WD stuff in its place. It has a 4.3 in it now but nothing hooked up. It use to have a 2.8? Or 2.? . But Im putting in this big block with 400 trans. So I want the install to be clean as possible. Its also ext cab. The condition of it is medium to good with power windows. Im not going to lift it either. Im thinkin on cutting the rear wheel wells and enlarging themto acomidate some real traction. 365 HP 500 TQ to this stock cad motor . Can we say snap crackle pop! Hopefully not. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A 91' sonoma is a smaller truck isn't it? Why would you wan't to convert it to a 2wd? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

get rid of it. You don't need a 4x4 it would be wasted on you and never be good. To fit a Small block motor in a 4x4 S10 requires a special oil pan, I can't imagine doing it with a big block BOP motor. Find a 2wd s10 or Sonoma, thats what you need.

6. phatillac500

Yeah its the first nice freeby I grabbed at. The sonoma is GMC's s series. They are better than s-10's. Just a tiny upgrade from the s-10. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. phatillac500

Any one in michigan want to trade a s-10?

8. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Dude, put the 500 in a K5. Be warned though, anything less than a 14-bolt is on borrowed time with a 500 at the head of the train. I ran one in mine for a while and it was a blast! Good luck with your swap. Go to HERE for all kinds of info on the 500, swapping, and making obscene HP with a Caddy big block /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. phatillac500

I dont want a big truck. I just want a little s-10. I use to have a 350 s-10 with the works. I blew the bottom end out and practily gave it away. It sounded like a dragster. I had two john deer tractor mufflers on it and it still was loud. So now Im going to build this s-10 witha bbc rack and pinion with a 400 trans, GT4 rearend(3.73) and what ever else thats going to be needed. I have a list in my head. This s-10 will be better than the sbc s-10!

10. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I had the chance to buy my buddys s10 with 350/350tranny for 500. but i didnt have the cash at the time it still sickens me i really wish i had it was sweet it sounded so sick nice lopey cam in it. I want one with that 400 sb i have built up and dropped in.