Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 triathlons and tough trucks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Dec 22, 2005.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

remember the 4x4 triathlons that used to be in the magazines in the mid 90s? seems like most of them too place in the southern us. you know the ones with a timed trail ride, a shooting match and some canoes? what ever happened to them? did they get replaced by rockracing/crawling comps?

what about tough truck comps? anybody doing them? it seems to me all the coverage seems to be of 4 linked fiberglass bodied rigs. any grassroots tough truck comps around? or they only at 4wd jamborees?

just wondering.

ryan

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i remember those comp's, i thought they were pretty cool, dont know what ever heppened to them. i would love to do a comp like that except i would add some dirt bike riding into it. like a short course enduro or something too. seem like all the tough truck comp's are at jamboree's. it would be cool if there was a circuit for low budget comp's like that. that would be fun to do too. my buddy did one once when he moved back to Vermont with his 85' toy x cab 4x. beat the hell out if it but he all most one the thing. he took 2nd place.

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i used to love seeing those trucks bashing through the back woods with a canoe on the top. i remember one pic was of a k5 on 38s and a 10 bolt that was shaped like an upside down V. or the guys with the homemade 4 links...(before it was commonplace to build a 4 link from scratch). those were the days...

ryan

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i remember a pic of a hummer, that has fliped off a small cliff wall and landed on it roof, on the canoe, needless to say no more canoe!