Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4x4 Vans

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Poohbair, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Does anyone else here think that 4x4 vans are as cool as I do? I love them!
    Has anyone here owned one? What kind was it? Any pictures? Was it a factory conversion (Quigley, Pathfinder, etc...) or was it a home conversion? How did you like it?

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

There is one in the auto trader. It is a 2000 chevy 3500 long wheel base. Has the Quigley conversion, 77K miles and the 6.5TD for $16K. The conversion alone costs $7-8K.

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

4x4 Vans kick ass!

I so want ot turn my wifes 94 G20 into a 4wd.
    Once I get my 60 in the front of my Burb I have the 10b and steering arm it needs.

I'd like to do it and still keep my 4l60E, cruise and all that it has now though.

I'd have to get the pathfinder kit to do mine if I ever got the go ahead from my wife.
    Other than making sure all the welds are good, it doesn't look all that tough.

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

There is one for sale near me for 800 bucks. Looks to be in pretty decent shape from a distance.

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I get a feeling that this is a little older than what you have in mind, but maybe it'll give you some ideas.

[​IMG]

I saw this at a swap meet not to long ago. The owner told me it is an original 4x4 van that was done by, I believe, pathfinder. One of those dealer prep type things. He redid all the drivetrain on it and it was really clean. Pretty powerful 350 in it too!

Kris

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

That is AWESOME and exactly what I am talking about!!! I love the early Chevy 4x4 Vans, or the newer Ford 4x4 Vans... like a 2000-2004 E350 4x4 w/ a Powerstroke and a Detroit in the back!

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I snapped some at Super Chevy in 2003 , will post when I get home /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I've always wanted one for camping and such, I had a friend back in Denver that found a 91 Ford 350 Diesel Ambulance that had a Pathfinder conversion. It was great, raised roof, all kinds of cabinets, still had the lights and sirens, had a generator with the outside plug-ins, he converted it to a camper with a bed, sink, stove etc. and it was way cool. i think he paid like 4K for it.

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A vangina? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I've seen a couple around before.