Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4xfests in Chattanooga and near Birmingham

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Just got my Dirty Times periodical that Sports-in-the-Rough puts out. Looking at the schedule for events I see they are having one in Nooga over Labor Day and one in Gardendale, which is just north of Birmingham on October 12-14. I know most of you guys are toward the west coast but I'm wondering if anyone is planning to attend one of these 4xfests. ftn96, you're kind of close- what do you say?

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Watch out folks here is one of them deals that could get you in trouble.

Well the onlything in Chatanooga is Tiftonia and last I heard the only reason you should go there is if you need to get nailed for tresspassing. That is land owned by a Lumber/ paper company. Parts are leased out to hunting clubs and right now the eco nuts are putting pressure on them to lock it down. I have heard that people are getting ticketed and run off. This information came From Southern.
    Most of these operations have no permits to be in the area they hold the event. If it is a "for profit event" and even if it isn't for profit there are permits needed, you have to have insurance coverage and other things like writen permission to be on the land. If the organizer can't provide documentation than you might as well concider it tresspassing. It's these type operations that have suscessfully brought attentions to trails that didn't need it and got them shut down. This includs the Alatoona GA trails, Peidmont AL. Not sure if this is the same guy but the FS Rangers got wind of one of his rides and basicly shut down the event. I beleive that was in Piedmont Forest in Eastern AL.
    Alatoona he brought reporters for one of the mags they published the location and every Yahoo within 200 miles started showing up and acting like jerks. To get to those trails you have to drive down neighborhood streets with a 25mph speed limit and jerks were flying through at 40 plus. Then the hunting club and land owner of the adjacent land had people ripping out gates and trespassing on his property and they got hacked and now the whole area is shut down....gee thanks.
    BE VERY CAREFULL about events such as this. Not only may you get nailed you may help get another local trail shut down.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

3. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Re: Watch out folks here is one of them deals that could get you in trouble.

Hey Grim- These events are being put on by Bob Hazel of Sports in the Rough. It's called a Superlift 4xAdventure. I did call and ask about land permits and all and they told me all is good. Thanks for the response though cuz I didn't know that kind of stuff went on. I'd be pissed if I paid for a trail run and the cops came and shut it all down. Looks like we'll be hitting the one in near Birmingham.

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked