Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4xrick or trucksr4me make it back yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Aug 9, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif We have some long stories to tell from this weekend but the short version is if it wasnt for bad luck Rick would have no luck at all /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Never did find an axle. But still havent heard from him yet either.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I ended up picking up an axle from one of the Seattle members around 2am this morning... We had him rolling but I forgot to put the center pin back in to hold the gov lock and other axleshaft together while they were towing his truck off the trail (log chained to frame/under axle skid fashion) while I ran to get the new axle and that kinda left him driving home with front wheel drive only. We all made it back to camp around 7am and got some sleep. I'm just not sure what time they were going to head out. I left earlier heading the other direction.

4. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Sorry I could not be of any help last night. I was working til 6:00am and I don't know anyone that has a 10bolt in their truck except for Rick /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

So what is the story behind all of this...???? Did I miss out while I was gone for the weekend???

6. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hey, sorry I all of a sudden disappeared on you guys when you called my cell, but the battery died and I hurried home hoping you'd call my home phone.

Glad to hear you got everything fixed tho /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well i just got home mile left here a few minutes ago I make it home in front wheel drive just fine, it took a while but I make it after almost loosing my front drive line because the bolts holdint it to the transfer case all started coming out but hey it was a hell of an adventure this weekend for sure there is much to tell and I will get pics up as soon as I can. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif and thanks again kenny so much and to everyone else for your help.

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Yepp, like Rick said, made it home, was a long drive. My truck shakes like crazy at about 50-60mph, way worse than anything it has done before...and its not the u-joints. Anyways, it was quite an adventure...how many people can say they have seen sunrise at the funny rocks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I made the drive three times that day from camp to the funny rocks, don't think I'll ever forget the way now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i see you made it all the way home from my house without shaking to pieces thats good /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

2 summers ago I broke both my front and rear driveshafts up at the rocks and got towed all the way out on a strap... that was fun... No control of speed or much in direction when the strap wraps around a tree, brakes were on fire twice, I almost died once... damn trips to the rocks are fun!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif