Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

5.13's/4.88's or axles...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Avery4jc, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Oct 24, 2005
    I figure it's a long shot but at the same time I was thinking that one of you guys may have some old stuff from before you all wen't 1-ton. I need them for my 10 bolts. Yeah, I know but it's what I have to work with for now. I would like to get a 14ff w/ gears or a set of CUCV axles but for now this is fairly inexpensive compared to doing an axle swap and it'll keep my tranny happy.

The second part is an even longer shot but if somebody close enough where I could drive too feels like spending an afternoon helping me do the swap I'd be willing to compensate for their time...$$$, case of beverage of your choice, I'm open. I figured it would be better to do it right the first time, simple sounding job but heck, if someone is up to the task I figured why not, you guys and gals have brought me this far; almost out of mall crawler status.

EDIT: I changed my mind and have decided that either 4.88's or 5.13's will get the job done. If someone has some CUCV axles or a 14sf w/ at least 4.56 already in I would be willing to work something out. I've had some financial changes lately (my mom told me not to worry about the $1200 that I owe her, WOW was I ever happy) so I don't have tons of money to spend but at the same time instead of my checks going to her I can finally get some work done! Ok, lmk what you all have.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006