Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

(5) 38.5x11/15 Boggers 80% tread: $500 in Ohio

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by 78Buford, Jan 4, 2006.

1. 78Buford

78Buford 1/2 ton status

Jason Johnson (buddy in my club) called me today & asked if I was interested in the tires on his trail rig. They are the tall, skinny Boggers. 38.5" tall x 11 or 11.5" wide (I forget) for 15" wheels. I told him that I don't have any use for them, but told him I'd post them on the board. Jason is on his honeymoon (married New Year's Eve) in Florida. He came across a super clean 4-Runner (trail rig project) for cheap, and needs cash in a hurry, as the rig is located in Florida.

He stated that the tires have 80% tread, never had a flat, etc. The tread wear on all five tires is equal as he rotated them on a regular basis.

The price is $500 FIRM. That means if you have $450 and want to buy them, he's not interested. No trades, and the $$ is needed ASAP.

Jason's number is:

(740) 438-7135

The tires are located in Lancaster, Ohio. No shipping, pick up only.

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

VERY interested. Its ok that i call him on his honeymoon tommarow? I could come get them saturday if they check out.

Also, is there any chance to get pics of them, i hate to drive 8 hours and waste the fuel to find that they arent 80% tread. Ive been burned bad on a set of "like new" 35's in the past and have been leary of buying tires more than a couple hours away without good pics ever since, so dont take it personally.

3. 78Buford

78Buford 1/2 ton status

I just found your reply. Go ahead & call him...he had told me that calling at anytime is OK. He doesn't have a computer is why he asked me to post them for sale for him. I don't have anything to do with the sale of the tires, other than posting the info he gave me.

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I gave him a call yesterday, it looks like it is just about a done deal. Ill be heading out there next saturday to pick them up.

5. 78Buford

78Buford 1/2 ton status

Good deal Joez...hope it works out. I posted this on Pirate a second ago, and wanted to post it here and on my club site as well:

I don't personally have anything to do with this sale. Jason doesn't have a computer, and asked me to post the ad for him. I posted this ad on three sites:

www.ohio4x4.com
    www.pirate4x4.com
    www.ck5.com

Jason is a good dude, and if he says the tread is around 80%, I wouldn't doubt it. However, if I were buying tires I'd want to see them before I paid for them....just like nearly everyone else on here that doesn't have money falling out of their ass. :)

Anyone interested in the tires needs to contact him directly at the number I posted. I haven't talked to Jason since I posted the tires for sale a few days ago.

Roy