Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

5.7 6.2 question

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by smalltruckbigcid, Mar 16, 2005.

1. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

I was told that the 5.7 used different motor mounts than the 6.2, don't remember what my 5.7 mounts looked like because that was 1990. I'm guessing that the 5.7 mount is the same as the olds gas engine it was based on. I'm asking thisbecause I will be swapping a 500 caddy into my blazer and was told to get the 5.7 mount and it becomes a bolt in project....sounds to good to be true
    George

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I assume you are talking about the 5.7 gas (350) engine vs. the 6.2 diesel.

The difference in motor mounts seems to be tied more to the different model years than to the engine. My '90 K5 with a 6.2 uses the same mounts as either the older big block equipped trucks or the newer body style trucks ('88-newer pickups, etc...), but are different than a '90 with the 5.7 gas engine. However I have heard that older trucks with the 6.2 use the same mounts as the 5.7 equipped ones did.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I think he is talking about the 5.7 (350) diesel engine mounts for truck applications. Kinda rare parts to find now adays but they are probably still lurking around.

4. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Yes, the 5.7 diesel. I think it takes an olds mount like the 5.7 olds gasser uses

5. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Yes, the 5.7L diesel used the Oldsmobile mounts. The 6.2L uses standard Chevy mounts like the small and big blocks. See if you can find motor mounts for a 78-81 Chevy 1/2 ton with the 5.7L diesel....this should make your swap easier.

Casey