Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

5 Acres....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Oct 2, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think most of you guys know I moved to 5 acres almost a year ago.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifAnd I gotta tell ya this city boy didn't know sh!t, I'm starting to figure it all out but it's a challenge to just get through the day sometimes, theres so much to do.But I wouldn't change it for the world and when I went out to get a fresh egg from the coop this morning( laugh all you want fawkers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)My son got to it before me and then made me cook it for him for breakfast.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and seeing him enjoy this life makes it all worth it...So anyone who wants to move to a country setting, heres a quote from a book my Father got me called "living on a few acres"...

"Now the tide of Americans that swept to the cities after world war II has ebbed. The flow has reversed. People are populating the countryside faster than they are cities. I know their motives. I am a farmer.
    So I know that country life can push some people beyond their endurance, can shatter illusions with a heavy and indifferent hand, and can press poverty upon the backs of the unlucky and unprepared."

I wonder what he meant by that... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI wouldn't want to raise my kids any other way, but it ain't easy... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I was on the verge of getting me a little spread a few weeks ago, 6 acres. Due to financing, it got knocked down to just the house and garage, which sits on an acre and that may be in jeopardy itself and not due to financing.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

We live on 1 acre, and its alot of work too

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I live on twelce acres and back when my dad was around to keep it a farml, it was a modern throwback of culture, I loved it

Now it's a post apocolyptic shooting reage, which is still pretty cool

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Do you have loudspeakers playing Death Metal throughout the compound to accompany the glorious sounds of automatic rifle fire?

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you have loudspeakers playing Death Metal throughout the compound to accompany the glorious sounds of automatic rifle fire?

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was wondering the same thing! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Is Slayer and shotgun blasts good enough??? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

You cant hear things die over music.....

You know I bet you people would surprised what the other half of what I listen to is, the first half being metal

DO UNTO OTHERS AS THEYVE DONE TO YOU WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WORLD COMING TOOOOOO!?!?!?

9. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

I just took the plung too. Bought this log house and 1 acre in Idaho with a few of the Tetons of our front porch. Got a 1000+ sq shop that a K5 can do U-turn in. Thinking of raising a buffalo calf. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[​IMG]

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I just took the plung too. Bought this log house and 1 acre in Idaho with a few of the Tetons of our front porch. Got a 1000+ sq shop that a K5 can do U-turn in. Thinking of raising a buffalo calf. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]Nice, I like log houses. One of these days I will buy a acre or 2 and build a log house. I'd love too build in the black hills themselves, but I'd always worry about forest fires.

11. Resurrection_Joe

Isn;t it great going back into the woods when you get a chance Z3PR? I see those houses way in the back of nowhere and they seem like they'd be great!

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, that is awesome.

I was just looking at a couple acres in Pennsylvania, not country as you guys know it, but far from this suburban chaos...

I envy you fumes!!

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'd take a picture of my prperty, but its nothing to brag about...

14. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Your place looks fine.... Saw it in pic's of your rig. I fell in love with B.C. when I toured around up there in '74.

15. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I used to live on 10 acres, but sold it when we moved back home. We now actually live on 1 1/2, but there is no fence (on ours), and it's in the corner of my parents-in-laws 125 acres. So, it's like 125, since I can go where I want on it.

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your place looks fine.... Saw it in pic's of your rig. I fell in love with B.C. when I toured around up there in '74.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, haha thanks... sometimes it looks good, sometimes it looks bad.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn;t it great going back into the woods when you get a chance Z3PR? I see those houses way in the back of nowhere and they seem like they'd be great!

[/ QUOTE ] I don't know how often you get to the hills, but earlier today I was on the back road from Hill City to Keystone and seen a spot I'd love too build on. Nice little clearing (In valley) about 1 mile by 1 mile with a cliff wall at the back and trees on both sides. Very nice undeveloped area out in the middle of no where. If I had the money, I'd love too be able too buy it, build a log house, maybe raise horses. I think it'd be really peacefull.

18. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Just bought a house, a 30x40 shop, and a pond all sitting on 6.5 acres. I'm happier than a duck on a june bug these days!

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifDo the lots come any smaller than that in Texas??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, Thats how big my shop is... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i grew up on 5 acers what a PITA it was to weedeat the whole thing!!!