Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

5 months off- what do I have to do to it???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Oct 29, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

October 31st, /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is "going up for the winter"..I will be putting smaller tires on it, for days when I feel the urge to drive it, which probably won't be too often since it's not the most sure-footed snow vehicle I've got...Before I park it and while it's parked, what do I need to do to her?

Do I run the tank almost empty? Leave it full?

How often do I need to start it, how long does it need to run? The last time I started it- over a week ago, it had sit for 2 weeks, and blew water out of the right side pipe for about 5 minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif was next to that side, and got a nice shower....

Anything else I need to do? It will be sitting outside uncovered,,,,I obviously will be clearing snow off it as it snows, and will more than likely be moving it when we plow, but thats not an every day occurance, or even weekly...might go 3-4 weeks without snowfall...

Brandy

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Fuel stabilizer is a must. I think Seafoam is good for that. And the seafoam can also gives some instructions for winter storage.

This is one subject I see alot on my old truck lists but havnet paid that much attention since moving out here to the desert where I can drive anything all winter and not worry about salt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

just get a bottle of gas STA-BIL.you should find it at a auto parts store i just bought some today.just dump it in and let it run for 5 min.and your done.it keeps your gas from varnishing(creates havok in the carb).the bottle says it's good for up to 12 months.i always go out and start mine up every few weeks just for the hell of it.works great for lawn mowers too.