Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

5 things I learned today while putting bushings in my springs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

# 5. Front springs are easier than the rears /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

# 4. Fix the top of the work bench so it quits moving. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

# 3. Use your old cheap drill bits first, after you break your new good ones the old one works better anyway /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

# 2. No mater how good it sounds don't use a Roto-Zip to get the rubber out - It makes a mess /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

And the #1 thing I learned

A 2 pound sledge beats a 3 ounce thumb /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks, thanks for that, I enjoy shooting whiskey out my nose.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifBeen there done that......

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks, thanks for that, I enjoy shooting whiskey out my nose

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Well now you have clean nose hairs.

Hope that thumb gets better soon Stickseler. If you have any of it left , Ouch /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Best way I found to drive out bushings is to do them like ujoints. Large clamp, small socket to drive with, large socket to drive them into. Unless you have a really deep large socket you will have to cut the bushings in half due to the metal sleeve. I used a 4" angle grinder. Worked alot better then the drill method that everyone said to use.