Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

50 pounds

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joez, Apr 7, 2006.

1. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

6 months ago i had been out of work for a year and a half, was up to 245 pounds, and barely fit in any of my 34x36 levi's. I finally found a place that would hire somebody my age with a back problem in October, and after working there just 6 months im back down to 195, once again no longer fit in any of my jeans, and had to make a new notch in my belt today just to keep my pants on at work.

Normally this isnt the kind of post i would make, but making that new hole in my belt actually felt really good, so i figured i would share.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

awesome! Congrats. I know the feeling! well almost.. Most I lost was 45

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Congrats joe, work is good for the body and the mind. :waytogo:

Rene

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

damn i am 235 and wear 38's

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i was 235 and wore 38's also (sounds like i'm trying to hijack this post, lol, i'm not, i'm just bored and posting alot)

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

me to, bored
    i am dropping though, i hit i high of 245, and said f-this
    waking alot working home depot, and will start working out sun. night

7. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Maybee it would help if I mentioned im 6'5".

Rene, you aren't kidding, being out of work so long was really starting to affect me, both mentally and physically. Being back working feels GREAT.

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

my highest that i weighed my self at was 238, dont know if i broke 240, probably did

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i am 6'2" i need to be at 200 to be happy again

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

lol i'm 6'3" and want 200 also, i got down to 190 thought it was too low, got upto 200, liked it, then ate like crap.... 220 now :(

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Back when I used to ride my bike every day, i was about 165.. I was in great shape, but looked like a twig. If i could get back into the kind of shape i was in back then, but hovering arround the weight im at now, i would be very happy. Just have to build a bit more muscle, and ill be set.

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i should be able to do it no problem, just need to start lifting, 200-215 i would be happy

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Good for you dood, a focked up back sux and losing weight is about your best option...

14. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I think loosing the weight actually helped about as much as the year of physical therapy did.:eek1:

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

when i switched jobs in October, i went from 240 down to 210 in 2 weeks time. feels good to drop some extra weight without actually doing much work (ie going to the gym, running, changing your diet) to do so.

16. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I would like to be 190 again . I'm pushing 225 and I'm 6'1" . A buddy of mine went from 270 to 200 in about 6 months . No more soda pop and he cut out the sweets and eat's lot's of veggies . No red meat either :( . I don't know how he does it . I was always skinny as a kid (155-170lbs) and as soon as I hit 32yrs old I started packing on the pounds . Congrats to you guy's for losing the pounds and living a healthy life .

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

healthy life? :haha: :haha: :haha: i eat whatever looks good.

18. chopped&bobbed77burb

My vise is ice cream and cookies :( . I won't give up pasta or red meat and I refuse to drink lite beer . I just need to get out and do some more hiking and walking . I think I could drop 20lbs in a month . I'm just getting lazy in my old age :haha: .

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I know what you mean. My "diet" started right after I found my wife's boyfriend in her bed at her apartment day after Christmas.

Since then, I'm down to between 202 and 208 lbs. depending on what I eat during the day. I still run (3 miles non-stop) and lift on 2 days on and 2 days off.

The heaviest I was at without clothes was 238 lbs. and my height is 6'1". I feel much, much better losing that weight and keeping myself in the low, low 200's. Right now I'm gaining muscle mass slowly as I'm turning that flab into muscle and feeling every bit of it now. My jeans were 36x34's and now wear 34x34's and this size is starting to get small now! I'd like to get my waist size down to 33's or 32's but thats gonna be hard to do. I haven't really been watching my diet but what I eat now is still better than what I was eating before the "divorce diet" started. I still drink beer, too, but limit myself to Budweiser Select for the low carbs. I'm still going to run and lift so as long as my health allows me to. For the first time in about 10 years, I've actually started to feel good about myself and better about my health, too. No more wife to influence me to the couch potato life.

20. chopped&bobbed77burb

Not only did YOU lose some weight , You lost the most important weight of all :D . The Anchor (your wife):haha: . Hope all goes well in THAT area :( . sounds like your doing well though :waytogo: .