Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

50 state legal efi kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trev1981, Feb 5, 2007.

1. trev1981

trev1981 Registered Member

Any one know who makes a 50 state legal EFI kit for my 84 blazer

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

GM does!

TBI would be dandy!

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I can't imagine any aftermarket manufacturer actually makes a kit with all the smog stuff GM had on their rigs.

In CA, I'd suspect you need to go to a newer TBI or TPI motor, with ALL the accompanying smog stuff. There are or were CA smog techs on here, and I know you can talk to the CA smog folks (referees?) for guidance as well.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Edelbrock sells a MPFI kit that is 50 state legal. You will have to visit the referee for the first smog afterwards though since EFI was never offered in your year vehicle. Once you install the kit you need to attach the carb EO number to the radiator support so that the referee can see it and also any other future smog techs.

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

It is possible to do an "Upgrade", or it used to be so. You could put an entire TBI system on an older engine, but any smog parts directly part of the TBI has to be there & functioning. Such an upgrade means that you have to put the entire system on, can't pick & choose features you want or don't want, even if the original engine didn't have whatever it is you want to delete.
    And, that upgrade doesn't excuse the absence of original emissions parts that were not engine mounted unless there is a direct conflict.