Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$500 1974 GMC Jimmy, and other parts for sale

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 28, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I need to get rid of this. I'm on the verge of parting it out and making a few bucks off it, but I'd rather sell it whole as a "project" or parts.

It's a 1974 GMC Jimmy, 350/TH350/203, 12 bolt, Dana 44 flattop knuckle front, 3.07 gears, fulltime 4x4, typical rusty body. Needs a battery, and brakes are pulling to one side. Has lots of miles but it still runs. $500
    [​IMG]

I have another complete set of front 8-lug outers, spindles, rotors, hub assemblies and locking hubs (internal style), backing plates, regular style knuckles. $150 for all and it comes with a 10-bolt front housing with 3.73 gears and axleshafts (it's a complete 3/4 ton front end). Axle u-joints need to be replaced.

14-bolt Full Floater 8-lug rear end, 3.73 gears, $125.

Dana 70 Dodge rear end, 8-lug 3/4 ton, 3.54 gears, complete $200.

2. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey Allan would it be possible to get more pics ? I would want to see mor of it . It does run and move ? thanks Doug

3. mountainexplorer

It starts and runs and moves. Needs a battery. It's definitely a beater.

I bought it for my brother in 2000, who needed a 4x4 for the time his 4x4 truck was down. He had it through 2003, when he traded it back to me for a 2wd truck. Then I traded it again to a friend for a '78 K5 that kinda got parted out. Then that same friend wanted a Suburban I had, so I got the Jimmy back again in late 2003, and it got sold on payments for $700 to a guy in Moses Lake. He never made payments past the $400 balance due to me, so I got it back in February, and it cost me about $100 in fuel and hassle to go bring it back here.

I had parts off it sold (the motor for $200 and the tranny and T-case for $225), but another friend wanted to buy it for $500 so I held off on parting it out. Then he decided he couldn't afford it, so here it still sits. Seems like every vehicle I have has a long story around it.

Anyway, it uses some oil, the body is rusty, brakes need some work. But it's complete. I ran it out of gas accidentally a week back, and I think it sucked something into the carb cause now all of a sudden its running horribly. I'm going to throw another Q-jet on it as soon as I get a chance and make sure thats the problem. I'll take more pics too.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you part it, i may be interested in the windshield frame / glass portion if its in good shape... might wanna graft it onto my 2nd gen when I go to chop to the top and cage everything...

j

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If you end up parting it out, I'd definitely take the rocker boxes even if they are only good for mock ups/templates for making new ones.

6. mountainexplorer

Well, if you guys need parts like those, I already have 2-3 parted out K5's in those years sitting up north. Maybe talk with Kenny and see if you can make a deal with him to torch out and bring you those sections, if he decides to make a trip up my way.

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Allan, try changing the fuel filter before you change the whole carb. I know it means buying new parts and all, but it's only a couple bucks :grin:

8. mountainexplorer

Well, the carb on it has been in need of a rebuild anyway for the past 2 years. It's just now finally to the point of where it wont even stay running.

9. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So I guess I would need to get a trailer and tow it ?If I am interested ?

10. mountainexplorer

Yeah, that would be the safest bet. The tabs are expired and I'd want to do some brake work before driving it far.

11. mountainexplorer