Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$500 '78 3/4 ton Burb is all mine!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Got it home today. It had been sitting for a year or more before I got to it. It needed a carb and a battery- when I was cleaning it up and unloading all the crap out of it, I found the carb in the back. Went and bought a new battery. Changed the oil and filter, pulled the plugs and squirted a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil in the the cylinders. Put some gas in the tank, and it fired off soon as the gas got to the carb. Drove it home. :D 350/465/205. 10b/14b. No idea on gears...I'd imagine it could have 3.42, 3.73 or 4.10. Drives like it has 3.42's though. :crazy:

Gonna have to rebuild the driver and passenger floorboards due to rust, thats easy enough to do. Needs a new passenger fender, which I already have.

The title says "former police vehicle" which is cool. :D

Anyways, heres a few pictures I just took-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not bad for $500 I think. Well, prolly close to $750 or so with new battery, oil/filter, and 35 gallons of gas @$113.. :eek1:

I'm thinkin alittle tlc, prolly 4-6" lift with 35's, a flat black rattle can paint job, and call it done. New dd. :)

2. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

That's a really nice find. It looks really nice for the money.

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

clone of mine and I paid twice that.... mine's got a crappy slushbox, so I believe I would actually rather yours.. for the record mine has 3.73 gears.. mine is white as well. oh and mine also has a 203 :mad: ... wanna trade? :wink1:

nice find :bow:

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Heck of a deal!! That is easily worth what you paid for it!! Around these parts, something in that condition would go for 5 times that. :)

5. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

That Burb looks to be in pretty good shape to me.. Hell anything that has 4wd that you can drive home is a good deal for $500 bucks :waytogo:

I would jumped on that myself for that kinda money and I don't even need it but It's hard for me to pass up a sweet deal like that :D

6. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

Way to go :waytogo: :waytogo: That's what I paid for my '84, 350, SM465, NP 208 8 lug 10B, SF14B, 3/4T. BEST $500 I have EVER spent :wink1:

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Yeah, with door panels that is a $2500 rig around here....

8. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

good deal on that.

around my parts, that would definitely be worth alot, because that is clean.

one ? though, does it have a FF 14 bolt?

9. Zeus33rd

Yup. 14b ff.

And I think I'm going to take the truggy out of commission for the rest of the year and put the Goodwrench motor thats in it, into the 'Burb. It only has 40k miles and I know it'll pass smog. The 'Burbs current motor has a snow balls chance in hell of smogging. I'll rebuild the 'Burbs motor into a 383 or somethin and stick it into the truggy in time for next year. Or maybe in time for some winter wheelin. :)

10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

...or you could just truggy the 'burb... :whistle:

11. socal chevy

socal chevy 1/2 ton status

Sweeet. You may have gotten it for 500...but your going to be adding and modding that thing forver.....Get ready to spend all your money on it... :laugh:

12. Zeus33rd

Heh, all my modding energy and money goes to the truggy. The 'burb is just gonna get what it needs to be a reliable daily driver while not looking retarded. I just put an old set of 33's on it today. Gonna lift it tommorrow I think. Pictures soon.:)

13. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice work man, as previously stated, that 'burb would go for a ridiculous amount here because of the body.