Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

500 cadillac engines for $400?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rwright07, Mar 28, 2006.

1. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

i found 2 running 500ci caddy engines still in a 75 and a 76 for 400 bucks
    the guy also has a 76 500 core for 200
    is this a bargain?

more importantly how much would it cost to get one rebuilt and stuff to later possibly go into my blazer when i have the money for new almost everyhting becuase the caddy engine will eat up my halfton drivetrain?

thanks
    rick

2. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

It's a little high by maybe 50 bucks. PM me for a guy in your area who has more caddy engines.
    George

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I'd say it sounds like a pretty good deal. I paid more for mine. For the rebuild I have heard that you should use a shop that is familiar with caddy rebuilds. Whether that is true or not I don't know but I figured that I would give you the heads up in case there is something behind it.

Parts are more expensive and harder to find than a standard BBC but worth it imho. Check out www.500cid.com for some more info.

And yes plan on rebuilding your entire driveline with all 1 ton gear if you want everything to last. Maybe even beefing up the 1 ton gear if you are going to go extreme with your 500 build.

Good luck and have fun. With my 500 stock I could be driving down the street doing about 35mph and hit the gas, the tires didn't stop spinning until I let off the gas. I could just imagine what it will do once its built up. :D mmm torque!

4. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

haha i duno how to do a PM
    i no
    newb
    ***edit***
    nvermind i tried but i havent bought a membership yet cuz im a poor highschool student would ya email me his info?
    bucksntrucks969@hotmail.com

thnks alot
    rick

5. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

I'm working a front motor mount that won't be exactly a bolt in but will make it easy to swap the caddy in. Probably this fall with my schedule. For more Caddy info try this web board www.cadillacpower.com
    George

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Here is a guy with some for sale in the Seattle area: HERE