Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

500 cid motor mount Q ATTN: Cyberfire

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Mar 2, 2005.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i remember being told that the motor mounts need to be 5 inches forward from the stock ones and the top hole of the new mount needs to be flush with the frame rail.
    in this pic you can see that the new mount is 5 3/4 inches from the stock mounting place
    [​IMG]

now i could reverse the bolts on the back of the mounting plate to gain another 1/2 inch which would give me 5 1/4 inches, would this be acceptable or not?
    [​IMG]

any ideas?

2. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly 1/2 ton status Premium Member

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, i saw that a long long time ago, i lost the link, it looks like it may be close, but i didnt see any measurements there that looks to be 3-4 inches maybe

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

This is the way i will be doing mine. I think it is a much beter way than doing the extended moter mount plates.

pERFECT PERFECT PERFECT CADDY ENGINE MOUNT.jpg

5. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

bgreen does nice work doesn't he
    George

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

does that just weld to the frame? i dont have a welder up to the task of that, also I have a rear sump pan, so i dont know if i'd need all that droop in the middle, but that definately gives me some ideas. maybe something similar with plate welded to the ends that i could bolt through the frame, Hmmmm:thinking:

7. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Oh yeah thats bgreens from the pirate board. Hes the owner of project freak(hella bad ass) But i got the pic from his sight but icant remember the name of that ritght now .Yes it just welds to the frame, although on mine ill weld on some 6x6 plates of 1/4 inch to the end and bolt them through the frame with 6, 1/2" bolts. and matcheing 6x6plate with the bolt holes in it to go on the other side of the frame for strengh. I should have pics of mine in a qouple weeks(same idea as bgreens only done differently and with 2x2 .25 squar instead. Actually just ordered the bushing asembalys from ORD today:cool1:

8. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I cant wait to check out bgreens rig this summer..it spretty sick. That guy has one hell of an imagination for fab'n parts. Cool thing is they are all fully functional and serve a purpose.