Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$500 parts blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by koldsimer, Oct 10, 2005.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I found an 83 2wd blazer today! No engine or tranny but the rest of it is in good/excellent shape. Every body panel is straight and rust free. The interior is all there. The tailgate glass works smoothly and the tailgate has NO cracks up on the top corners unlike every other blazer i've ever seen. The top has sliding windows and I can even use the 2wd steering box as a spare. The doors are manual, but they both roll up/down perfectly. So, if I got this truck for 500 I could replace both of my doors that have worn hinges, broken glass, huge dents, and window tracks that are rusted and broken. I could have a like new tailgate with glass that actually goes up and down! I've always wanted the sliding window top! I would replace all the body panels and do a really nice job cutting the fenders this time. So what does everybody think? Is it worth 500 bucks and the time to make the blazer pretty just to beat it all to hell again?

2. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Dude if the body is in good shape You could sell that thing to the "street" crowd for a lot more than $500. They are pretty popular and rare.

4. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I'd either do this, or take the body off like your talking about doing and then selling the rolling chassis. There are lots of people looking for a 2wd frame.

5. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

I'd be looking for some interior pieces if they would work on my 91. The seller told me what I bought is considered a "Z71" of it's year. It is barebone on the inside with no carpet, just rubber flooring. The upside to my truck is mechanically it seems to run very well, the body is straight, the rear glass works...I bought this truck for 1500.00 complete...so I'd say that 500.00 for that rig is well worth it!

6. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

if it's a good deal to you, buy it.

i bought a 1980 blazer with a fisher plow -- running for $300

12b/10b with new richmond 3:73's - 350/350/205 , headers, dual exhaust, holley carb, intake, etc.

and the plow works awesome :)

not trying to make you jealous :confused: or change your mind, but what it's worth to you, may differ from someone else.

use the body, sell the frame.. whatever works for you.

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

SCORE!!!!
    Swap the entire body, then EXO it. Then we can bounce off of each other on the street.
    Ummmm that didn't sound quite like I meant it.

8. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

You know, my brother has a '76 Porsche 912E which he switched from fuel injection to dual weber carbs...all of the emission stuff is now gone, I wonder what he would have to do to pass an inspection with smog tests.

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well it can't be a factory 2wd 1983 Blazer if its Full Size . Last year for 2wd was 1982 in Full Size Blazer :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  10. primetime

primetime Registered Member

Ill Buy The Tub If You Dont Want That Section.
    Im In Sa Tx

11. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'll take the rolling chassis from ya if you dont need it..I'm looking to do a 2wd street k5 project for my kid when he grows up and I got a good lead on a 87 K5, I just need to convert it to a 2wd. I was going to swap over a c10 suspension to it but I'd like to get a 2wd frame and chassis. (easier)$$$$$

12. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm gonna go ahead and buy this thing on friday. To all those interested in parts from it, pm me and i'll get back to you. Thanks for all the advice and good suggestions everyone! I'll get some pics to put up soon.

13. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'd really be interested in the rolling chassis that being the complete frame and suspension and all associated to this. If your price is right and the cost of transporting it to AZ is fair you've got a deal on it..

14. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i got a even better deal-free.84 jimmy NO rust no dents 74k miles ,new 4" lift new 35s just had to install the intake and it runs great. still deciding if i want to cut it or not.
    i would install the rust free body on your chassis and thr rusted body on the 2wd frame and a old running engine and sell it for 1500-2000 to somebody wanting to build a hot rod.