Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$5000 loan...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I just applied for a loan to refinance my Explorer... From 12.5% to 5.2%, seems like a good enough deal for me to jump on... The thing is, though, the minimum amount I could apply for was $5000. So if I do that, I'll be able to pay WYHY Federal Credit Union the $3000ish I owe them, get a set of nice 33's, and a professionally installed 3 inch body lift... And I'll owe USAA about $95 a month rather than $150 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Let's hope I get such a loan, I'll find out either tomorrow or Monday depending on if people are in the office to look at my application tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Click here.

That's a 94 Explorer with 2 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift, and 33's... Mine will look like that only green, and it'll be all kinds of in

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, you could buy a bunch of stuff with the extra money, or you could do the smart thing ang apply it to the loan too get it paid off quicker. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Heyyyyy that's quite a good idea there... but........... yeah... good idea /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd still have to pay back the $5000 either way though... I'd get $5k, pay $3k of that to WYHY FCU, but the truck would then belong to USAA... I could use the leftover $2k to bring down the amount I owe on the truck to $1k... But I still have to pay for the $5k I initially took out... Might as well go higher and get bigger tires I say /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I try hard to live by the rule that if I don't want to pay upfront for something, I probably won't want to pay for it after it's used and old.

Think about it a little. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Pay down your loan.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Be smart and pay down the loan man /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif